Bear Studios Mig-15Bis

Thread: Bear Studios Mig-15Bis

Question Bear Studios Mig-15Bis

Anyone have this latest payware for FSX? If so, your thoughts or experience?

Hard to find any additional information, videos, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I have it and it is a long time since I used it, 2-3 years maybe. But there is a huge amount of variations included and it seems fine.
    The one a/c that has been overlooked for me is the Mig19 Farmer.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I have it and it is a long time since I used it, 2-3 years maybe. But there is a huge amount of variations included and it seems fine.
    The one a/c that has been overlooked for me is the Mig19 Farmer.
    I have that one as well. I was referring to the latest which was released earlier this year and includes an FSX install.
    -- WH

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I have that one as well. I was referring to the latest which was released earlier this year and includes an FSX install.
    Hello! I bought it and all I can say is that it's nice, I mean : visuals are very good and systems/flight model are good, (at least in my opinion). You have to read the manual to figure out those strange gauges/switches. It's a fast jet! I can't made comparasions with
    the early old Bear Studios Mig-15 version because I don't have it.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello! I bought it and all I can say is that it's nice, I mean : visuals are very good and systems/flight model are good, (at least in my opinion). You have to read the manual to figure out those strange gauges/switches. It's a fast jet! I can't made comparasions with
    the early old Bear Studios Mig-15 version because I don't have it.
    I've gone through the manual several times but I still haven't figured out the radio. I can receive audio and select frequencies but cannot transmit. Any suggestions??
    -- WH

Anyone have this latest payware for FSX? If so, your thoughts or experience?

Hard to find any additional information, videos, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. I have both releases and while missing the two-seaters of the original release (a major bummer) it does have the upside of not being glitchy like the original. (Especially the hydraulic system which seemed to cut out without rhyme nor reason on the original release.) The natural metal textures look really good and a few civilian operated liveries are included as well which I think is a nice touch. The shiny appearance of the natural metal birds does carry over into the camouflaged birds which I don't think is correct. (At least not in every case.)
    I am hoping a subsequent release comes along for the two-seaters and that they revamp the MiG-17 in the same manner. If you like the MiG-15 (or even if you don't but want a foil for an F-86 you might have) get it. I think you'll be happy with it!

BTW, your exit key doesn't work with this plane. You have to grab the lower knob to open the canopy and the upper knob to close it. There is also a quasi- loadout menu as well but you can only select between bombs or tanks and I didn't see an option for the slipper type tanks that EAA's 4115 uses. (Maybe I need to read the manual!) Also, the fuel valve switch to shut down the engines is obscured by the left hand canopy rail. You need to peek down below the rail and it is the top forward switch in that group. (He does have tooltips for the various switches too.)

I've gone through the manual several times but I still haven't figured out the radio. I can receive audio and select frequencies but cannot transmit. Any suggestions??
    Sorry but I don't fly this bird very often and to be honest I don't remember how to operate the radio ...
    The more you do, the less you dream

According to Section V of the manual

To set frequency to a selected band, there are 2 ways:
    a. Receive ATC command and change current active com1 frequency automatically.
    b. Using Radio Frequency Setting Page in Integrated Kneeboard
    I haven't been successful using either approach to transmit. Until now, that is...

I've always used the ACCENT key to activate the ATC window on my install. I just learned that SCROLL LOCK is an alternate key for the ATC window, and that works. It appears that the ACCENT key is disabled with this a/c.

I'd still like to see a video on how to use the radio by setting the frequency through the keyboard.
    -- WH

According to Section V of the manual

I haven't been successful using either approach to transmit. Until now, that is...

I've always used the ACCENT key to activate the ATC window on my install. I just learned that SCROLL LOCK is an alternate key for the ATC window, and that works. It appears that the ACCENT key is disabled with this a/c.

I'd still like to see a video on how to use the radio by setting the frequency through the keyboard.
    The accent key fires one of the guns. Somehow this addon bypasses some of the key assignments and uses them for other functions.

Members who have read this thread: 0