World Update XIV is out

Thread: World Update XIV is out

World Update XIV is out

Downloading now, big, big, big

Microsoft Flight Simulator assembled fresh, full-coverage aerial imagery, digital elevation data and more from our partners at Bing Maps and Maxar to create this update. World Update XIV includes 103 points of interest (POIs): 18 in Czechia, 15 in Slovakia, 19 in Hungary, 15 in Slovenia, 23 in Croatia, and 13 in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Castles, towers, and churches, among other sights, all brilliantly reproduced and awaiting discovery from the air in this update. Microsoft Flight Simulator partnered with Gaya Simulations, to create six bespoke airports: Karlovy Vary Airport (LKKV) in Czechia, Poprad-Tatry Airport (LZTT) in Slovakia, Pécs-Pogány Airport (LHPP) in Hungary, Zagorje ob Savi Airport (LJZA) in Slovenia, Rijeka International Airport (LDRI) in Croatia, and Prijedor Urije Airport (LQPD) in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Microsoft Maps & Local, in collaboration with Vexcel, created 10 cities throughout the region: Prague, Brno, and Plzeň in Czechia; Budapest in Hungary; Ljubljana and Maribor in Slovenia; Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia; and Sarajevo and Banja Luka in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Simmers will be amazed by the endless opportunities of exploration found throughout these urban regions in World Update XIV, all of them reproduced in stunning photorealistic quality.

Rounding out this latest release, Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update XIV includes three discovery flights: Prague in the Czechia, Sarajevo in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Budapest in Hungary. It also features three landing challenges: Croatia’s Kastela (LDSP) in an Airbus A320neo, Slovenia’s Vzletišče Zagorje Ob Savi (LJZA) in a Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter, and Slovakia’s Poprad-Tatry (LZTT) in an Airbus A310-300. The update also includes four incredible bush trips: “Czech Route,” “Northeast Adriatic,” “Danube Journey,” and “Carpathian Journey.”
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ailable/602496

SOH-CM-2023
    Is there the typical list of photogrammetry cities, POI's, airports etc anywhere? MS provides a video and paragraphs of places included in the update, but I miss the old lists since they listed all the POI's. Without the POI list it may be impossible to find them all.

What's happening during the download of the update when the status bar and counter retreat to a lower value? It occured several times for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    What's happening during the download of the update when the status bar and counter retreat to a lower value? It occured several times for me.
    The dreaded download loop... Shut down the sim, then open your Official\Onestore or Official\Steam folder, find and delete anything that's not a folder. Sometimes these compressed files get corrupted and can't be unpacked, and the sim doesn't know how to handle it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Is there the typical list of photogrammetry cities, POI's, airports etc anywhere? MS provides a video and paragraphs of places included in the update, but I miss the old lists since they listed all the POI's. Without the POI list it may be impossible to find them all.
    Jayne usually does those and she is on vacation this week I think, so no list as of right now.

SOH-CM-2023
    Tom
    I was successful d/l ing the update in about 25 min. The community folder was empty and there were no individual files in the Official/Onestore folder. Perhaps errors were detected in the d/l and needed to go back to fix them??????

ak416
    Thanks for the POI list coming later.
    Nine locations were shown in the video. I was successful using the location search for 3 of them but not the others. Those found were Konopiste castle, Hruboskalsko and Pilgrimmage church of St John of Nefomuk.

Update 1.33.8.0 and WU 14 done !
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Thanks for that advise Tom. I ran into the download loop also.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0