DC Designs F-4 Phantom released... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DC Designs F-4 Phantom released...

Dean - my only point to make is that I do believe that this is a "moaning minority" and they inhabit many other FS forums as well.

It just seems a shame to penalise the many well balanced and appreciative people on here for the actions of others - who as you have stated many times - are not even your target client base.

I don't believe their opinions carry any weight in the market so ignoring them / rising above them will not impact you either financially or reputationally.

Your call obviously - but this is along established and I believe valued forum for flight sim and it we shouldn't let these people spoil it for the others who always welcome you or any other Devs joining our conversations.

Well, I'm sorry if my comments upset Dean, but I don't consider myself a rivet-counter or moaning-minnie, I'd just like a reasonable degree of accuracy in the cockpit...and most of my points were confirmed by Dean himself and to be addressed.
    We've had previous cordial discussions, I think I ended on a positive note... I flew the Phantom for a couple of hours today and will be back in it, low-level through Scotland, tomorrow morning.

Just to follow up:

Slats were introduced with the G model but retro-fitted to most (all?) E and F models but not the J. I incorrectly assumed that when the Slats indicator lit up in the cockpit that meant slats were fitted...

Stab Augs were used most of the time to apply some extra stability, Roll stability could be for example switched off when entering bandit country to give that extra bit of snap-roll response to break should it be needed.
    Simulating this in MSFS could be tricky without an external fight-model so I'm happy to fly assuming the augs are in.

Autopilot, I'm happy to ignore.

Useful manuals for the F4E - https://www.f4phantom.com/docs/F4Man...E-Aircraft.pdf - the Full detail
    and http://www.f4phantom.com/docs/F4_Phantom_Guide.pdf - much shorter, for Test Pilots School
    and for the F4J - http://www.f4phantom.com/docs/NATOPS_F4J_manual.pdf

No joy with the checklists really, but that's probably my Luddite fault, anyway I found the switch for the AOA Index lights, on the right console, helpfully labelled something like AOA Index lights!
    Having a lot of fun with my low-level flights, also dogfighting with Typhoons, full burner and the AOA warning beeping away madly

On a sadder note, there appears to be no drag chute for slowing down on landing, and the Radar Warning Receiver is missing (not a lot of use in MSFS admittedly, but should be there)...

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Dean - my only point to make is that I do believe that this is a "moaning minority" and they inhabit many other FS forums as well.

It just seems a shame to penalise the many well balanced and appreciative people on here for the actions of others - who as you have stated many times - are not even your target client base.

I don't believe their opinions carry any weight in the market so ignoring them / rising above them will not impact you either financially or reputationally.

Your call obviously - but this is along established and I believe valued forum for flight sim and it we shouldn't let these people spoil it for the others who always welcome you or any other Devs joining our conversations.
    Your comments about "moaning minorities" and your manifest intention of degrading people depriving them of importance just because they have a different , (although educated), opinion looks to me like a kind of offensive censorship, and think our moderator Tom, should have a word about it. And you´re so wrong about clients base. Own all the planes from DC. And yes, I rather prefer a proper manual to any "interactive checklist", if you don´t mind. And BTW, signing out.
    Be well

Honestly, both sides are beginning to get a bit snippy, so I'm just going to pull the fire handle and let the hangar fill up with foam.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 5