DC Designs F-4 Phantom released... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F-4 Phantom released...

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Funny, there are more comments here about buying this on the Marketplace than there are actual reviews of the product.
    along that line I was expecting to see it in the screenshots thread, but that is still dominated by the A2A Comanche and the Flying Iron Bf109 - thought I'd check here but...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Funny, there are more comments here about buying this on the Marketplace than there are actual reviews of the product.
    Maybe because the people who would be reviewing it or creating missions or landing challenges aren't buying it because ...

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Other problems with Marketplace purchases,
    for Steam users purchase is a lottery and rarely work first time
    Funny, that: On my setup it is the fastest way to part with cash and get a consistently updated product, ever.
    And it has never failed yet.
    Compared with my last experience "out there", where it took 5 tries and passwords and my entire pedigree even to get registered on the sales site, never mind give them my money, it's an absolute no-brainer.
    I appreciate that tinkerers will want access to the files however and, back on topic, perhaps a required activity in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Funny, that: On my setup it is the fastest way to part with cash and get a consistently updated product, ever.
    And it has never failed yet.
    Compared with my last experience "out there", where it took 5 tries and passwords and my entire pedigree even to get registered on the sales site, never mind give them my money, it's an absolute no-brainer.
    I appreciate that tinkerers will want access to the files however and, back on topic, perhaps a required activity in this case.
    Agreed that marketplace purchases for steam users aren't more difficult or cumbersome than purchases on vendor's sites. Also agree on the updating (although it is slower than with Vendors).

But I don't buy jet fighters through the marketplace. Stores/weapons are important to me.

And although I'm a Phantom phanatic, I'll refrain from buying this one. I own most, if not all, of DC/SC Design's catalogue for MSFS, but this one, I'll pass.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Nose still looks funky.
    Looking at the photos on Justflight Catalog, yes, nose still looks funky...

Dean said that he would be providing an app to activate the weapons, and since SU12 I've had no problems
    purchasing the Steam credits through the Marketplace. So I purchased, and I'm not sorry in the least that I
    did. What a great addon. I just love the FDE. I will be flying this plane a lot.

But attention Dean if reading. one little request: if I'm going to fly without weapons, I wish there was an option
    to remove the empty weapon racks on either wing (although if there is, I haven't come across it yet). Without
    weapons to add to the racks, I would prefer to fly completely clean.

Thanks again for a great plane.

Regarding "activation" of the weapons (when Dean releases the mod), will they actually deploy, or will they simply be static? NC

As far as I know, weapons in MSFS are all static for now, but I think there's some people trying to come up with an alternative to TacPack.

although I'm a Phantom phanatic, I'll refrain from buying this one. I own most, if not all, of DC/SC Design's catalogue for MSFS, but this one, I'll pass.
    Ditto on all counts...in fact I'm reverting to P3D to fly the Milviz Phantom.

As already mentioned, quite clearly, a free add-on is to be released that reactivates weapons on the Phantoms for Marketplace purchases. I will publish the Phantoms with Just Flight, but this will likely be the last "wide" aircraft I release, with all future products being Marketplace only. It's just called "moving with the times". Giving the MP the lead has shown me just how ineffective other channels are now, both in terms of sales and marketing.

As for the non-existent nose issue, I already posted an image of the Phantoms in orthographic mode, with high-quality orthographic artwork behind them, showing that the noses are indeed correct. Of course, there might be small differences from reality as each Phantom variant had innumerable tiny changes in dimensions to harbour different avionics or other requirements, but they're likely measured in millimeters. Here are the images again, F4E and F4J ( FGR has the same nose as the F4J ).

The "007" markings are my models ( just wearing the Fleet Air Arm colours when the Blender shots were taken ) - the IRIAF and VF-143 colours are from the high quality orthographic imagery overlaid on top of the models. As you can see, they match very well. Overhead and head-on shots likewise. MSFS has a surprisingly variable focal depth and zoom facility, which easily alters the appearance of aircraft depending on how they're used and the angle of the shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4E_J_dimensions.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	91419
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

[QUOTE=DC1973;1317704]A
    As for the non-existent nose issue, I already posted an image of the Phantoms in orthographic mode, with high-quality orthographic artwork behind them, showing that the noses are indeed correct. Of course, there might be small differences from reality as each Phantom variant had innumerable tiny changes in dimensions to harbour different avionics or other requirements, but they're likely measured in millimeters. Here are the images again, F4E and F4J ( FGR has the same nose as the F4J ).

Right...going to buy it, waiting for the weapons mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Regarding "activation" of the weapons (when Dean releases the mod), will they actually deploy, or will they simply be static? NC
    Static for now, as per all the jets. However, we have plans....

@RobM - I will add that for you, a simple code addition to the visibility so they will appear by weight on station like the weapons do.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    As already mentioned, quite clearly, a free add-on is to be released that reactivates weapons on the Phantoms for Marketplace purchases. I will publish the Phantoms with Just Flight, but this will likely be the last "wide" aircraft I release, with all future products being Marketplace only. It's just called "moving with the times". Giving the MP the lead has shown me just how ineffective other channels are now, both in terms of sales and marketing.

The "007" markings are my models ( just wearing the Fleet Air Arm colours when the Blender shots were taken ) - the IRIAF and VF-143 colours are from the high quality orthographic imagery overlaid on top of the models. As you can see, they match very well. Overhead and head-on shots likewise. MSFS has a surprisingly variable focal depth and zoom facility, which easily alters the appearance of aircraft depending on how they're used and the angle of the shot.

Name:	F4E_J_dimensions.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	91419
    Dean, these images are NOT the image I saw on the JF's website. Based on these images, I take back my "funky nose" comment. I apologize if I got you upset. Althought, you need to get JF to change their image. It is funky. No flat botton where the gun went and too long to be a B, C, or D model.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I've never had a problem buying from the Marketplace with Steam. Maybe people forget to enable the Steam overlay before starting the purchase process.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Static for now, as per all the jets. However, we have plans.
    Outstanding!!! NC

Now we need a retro version of NAS Oceana for F-4 squadrons. The current one has the flightline populated with "Lawn Darts"......

I will publish the Phantoms with Just Flight
    Great news, Thanks

Looking forward to the screenshots of this model.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Particularly shots of the front panel and left and right consoles please

Thanks...bit plain and simplified, but serviceable.
    Where are the speed-brake controls, should be on right throttle?

I haven't checked since this morning, but at that time the first update for the Marketplace purhased F-4 had not been posted yet..... NC

Name:	image.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	91514Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	91515Click image for larger version. 

Views:	45 
Size:	902.1 KB 
ID:	91516Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	91517

…so I went out for a fly this afternoon. I like it. It’s not as hardcore as the Milviz version, and has the models I like. I do think the panel lines are too obvious on the plain livery versions, but that’s a matter of taste.

@ sp72: I like your screenshots, but I notice that you have weapons added. I was wondering how you did that. I thought
    only the Marketplace F-4 was currently available, and that comes without working weapon loadouts. Dean said in a previous
    post that he would be releasing a free-to-download app that would activate the weapon loadouts, but I haven't seen any
    announcement yet.

Members who have read this thread: 5