Airfield dds not shpwing up

Thread: Airfield dds not shpwing up

Airfield dds not shpwing up

I have identical gl lines, dds and mos, and facility files but the dds files not showing up in one of the 2 installs. The buildings and all, are in both, but just the textures missing in one.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

You have probably done this, but compare summer and winter seasons to see if the problem is with one particular mos or dds file.
    The check spelling between the facility file and the mos files.
    If it is the exact same mos files between the 2 installs there is probably no need to open the mos file to compare spelling with the dds file.
    Maybe try opening the DDS file in DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator and saving as a DXT 5 file.

Well you got me thinking. I discovered no winter mos in the install with issues, and incorrect winter dds (same as the summer one), but adding the winter mos and correct dds solved the issue!

Having said that, I have a similar problem. I took an identical working airbase with the same dds files and basically the same xml facility, copied and renamed the mos and facility file to the problem airbase, but textures still missing!

Interesting. Re my last, the winter textures show up. EDIT I must have had a spelling error that I couldn't see. I copied the winter mos name to the summer mos, and deleted "_winter" , and then it worked.

Just a little tweak.

Members who have read this thread: 0