Hunter pilots

Thread: Hunter pilots

Hunter pilots

Hi All

I was at RAF Fairford this week and saw this gorgeous Hunter arriving.

Not having seen one for a while it was amazing to see how tight the fit is for the pilot & seat under the canopy.

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the scale of the pilot in Dave's glorious single seater?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1133).jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	91358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpeg.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	91359

I don't think you can modify the scale of the pilot...
    I mean, the pilot you see in the cockpit can be either part of the 3D model itself, or one of the MSFS default pilots, right ?
    In the first case, I think only the creator of the plane can make the modification.

I tried to sit in the one at Bournemouth Air Museum last year (yes it's allowed) and at 6'1" I was looking over the top of the canopy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20220531-150554.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	91360 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20220531-150648.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	91361

I think the scale of the pilot figure is set within the aircraft model .gltf file, I haven't seen a .cfg or .xml file with any pilot/co-pilot scale or even position parameters.

Is it maybe possible to change the parametres inside ModelConverterX? Newest version should be able to do so, because I made a lot of size adjustments in P3D with this great programme.
    As long as the pilot is not part of some other model parts, but in many cases the pilot is a separate section.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I'll have a look at rescaling the pilots for the next patch. I want to add some of the improvements from the T models to the singles anyway. No ETA as yet.
    I don't recommend hacking the gltf files, or otherwise editing via mcx, but if you do, you're on your own.
    You may have a problem with the canopy intersecting the helmet when it slides back.

Thanks Dave - the guy in my picture seemed very happy with life even if it was a bit of a squeeze to get in the jet!

Members who have read this thread: 0