Problem loading up Aircraft in the Community Folder

Thread: Problem loading up Aircraft in the Community Folder

Problem loading up Aircraft in the Community Folder

I bought MSFS finally a few weeks ago and managed to load Rob Richardson's Banshee and Cougar into the Community folder and all went well. But I found the MSFS experience a PITA so uninstalled it (it takes a big chunk of disc space). Having been disappointed in P3Dv6 I decided to re-install MSFS and persevere. But now the Banshee and Cougar won't load - they're in the Community folder but the content manager says they're not installed. I've tried installing his Vampire from scratch - again 'Not Installed'. And no button to press to install! What am I doing wrong (apart from loosing the will to live too easily....)??

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Did you check the hangar and see if the aircraft are available to fly? I would ignore what the Content Manager has to say in regards to addons inside your Community folder.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Did you check the hangar and see if the aircraft are available to fly? I would ignore what the Content Manager has to say in regards to addons inside your Community folder.
    Thanks. No, the aircraft are not available. Will try again in the morning.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Just a thought, sounds like there are two community folders. One from original install and one from the reinstall.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Make sure when you unzipped you didn't end up with an extra folder layer. Should be something like:
    Community
    ------Banshee
    ------------SimObjects

Not:
    Community
    ------Banshee
    --------------Banshee
    --------------------SimObjects

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Just a thought, sounds like there are two community folders. One from original install and one from the reinstall.
    I've searched the whole rig twice and can only find the one. Whether it exists as a line in a register entry or some such I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Make sure when you unzipped you didn't end up with an extra folder layer. Should be something like:
    Community
    ------Banshee
    ------------SimObjects

Not:
    Community
    ------Banshee
    --------------Banshee
    --------------------SimObjects
    I absolutely knew it had to be some age-related stupidity!!

Thanks Dave - all good now. And thanks everyone for your help. And patience....!

DaveQ

Don't feel bad Dave. We've all done it. That's how we know to look for the dreaded double folder.

We've all been there? I certainly have been there! This forum is always so helpful!

Cees

I've certainly done that a few times!
    Now I use Addons-Linker, I have a separate add-ons folder, subdivided into scenery, aircraft etc. What I do now, is put the addon in there and then forget to activate it in the linker and wonder why it doesn't show up!

Members who have read this thread: 0