Flightsim.to's new look...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flightsim.to's new look......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    All of this reminds me of the initial comments about flightsim.com when they changed forum software!

Priller
    Funny you mention them. After they changed the layout, my sign in wouldn't work. The site said I needed to register. When I tried to register it said that someone already was using my email and username. So, I figured that left me two choices. I could register under a different email and name, or I could just walk away. Considering I am a born rebel, guess which choice I made.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Funny you mention them. After they changed the layout, my sign in wouldn't work. The site said I needed to register. When I tried to register it said that someone already was using my email and username. So, I figured that left me two choices. I could register under a different email and name, or I could just walk away. Considering I am a born rebel, guess which choice I made.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me, except for the fact that the email address that I originally registered with didn't exist anymore. So I registered again, but the site lost quite a bit of it's charm tbh.

Wasn't the choice to reinitialize your password offered?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen to me, except for the fact that the email address that I originally registered with didn't exist anymore. So I registered again, but the site lost quite a bit of it's charm tbh.

Wasn't the choice to reinitialize your password offered?

Cheers,

Priller
    Password wasn't the problem. It was email and username. I use either jmig or jmiguez on forums. I also use my personal email address. I do not use gmail or other free emails addresses. So, if I can't use my normal email address I would have to use a gmail account. It wasn't worth it. I still can see the headline without signing in. But, between SOH and AVSIM I have all the forums I need.

I also am on an email list serve from a guy called Stormbirds. I like his emails. They cover DCS and MSFS. He is good at up todate news on new products.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I had the same issue, but they have there Adrian K, the administration guy, who fixed all my login problems quickly and nicely.
    I created a temporary new user in order to PM him, and he deleted that himself once my main user account was updated.

Back to the matter, after quite a few days trying to get used to the new flightsim.to site, I do still much prefer the old one. To begin with, they've removed the "followed files" option, which was very useful to me.

Cool

I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THE NEW UPDATE That is all

With the original layout, you could save a file to your wishlist without actually opening the addon to see more details. Unless I am missing something, you have to open the file and then select it for your wish list. Time consuming.

I hated it day one, day two I explored the features and found how to do things I did before on the old site.
    day three and beyond I am used to it and have no trouble finding what I want.
    I don't find the new layout better but I have not missed a beat since I took the time to explore it.

They did make a few updates from the mess of the initial launch:

* They added back the "since last visit" page to find new files within hours of the relaunch. This is my Windsailor home page. https://flightsim.to/since-visited

* A day or two ago they were down for maintenance and did a few changes. The one that I noticed was they no longer mix large and small preview tiles. This makes browsing so much easier and less visually distracting.

Members who have read this thread: 0