mdlnames.txt

Thread: mdlnames.txt

mdlnames.txt

I was looking through an mdlnames.txt file yesterday and discovered something that I do not understand. The general format of data within the file is –

“filename”=*description

and the thing that puzzled me is that asterisk after the equals sign and before the description. It appears on many lines in the default version of the file, but not on all – for example it does not appear on the lines for the default aircraft.

Please could someone tell me what that asterisk means within the simulator.

TIA

Rohan,

I'm not 100% sure, but think it highlights those objects/models that were originally from CFS 1

Many thanks to you both for your timely replies,
    Ro

They are CFS1 models and they lack damaged/destroyed models. If you plan to use CFS1 models best to grab this update http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&linkid=18571
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thank you for that link. I noticed that in your mdlnames.txt update you still made use of the asterisk, even though you have updated the objects to CFS2. Does this mean that the symbol is just a marker rather than that it is used within the simulator in some way ?

Just curious . . .

The asterisks are just indicators for us users. You can remove the asterisks and CFS2 won't care.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 1