Changing or Aliasing Sounds in MSFS

Thread: Changing or Aliasing Sounds in MSFS

Changing or Aliasing Sounds in MSFS

Hi all,

with thankfully more and more radial engined aircraft making their appearance in MSFS, I find myself
    longing for the great sounds we have experienced in FS9 and FSX.
    Often thanks to the great contributions from folks around here.

In those sims I had no trouble fixing sounds or modifying an aircraft to use one soundset or another.
    With the, to me rather cumbersome, file structure in MSFS I am not finding a way to do that.

Is that even possible in MSFS or am I barking up a dead tree.
    If at all possible I would for example even use the best sounds of FS9 in MSFS, such as those we used in the Connie series.

Cheers
    Sunny

It's very easy to replace an existing soundset with one from another MSFS aircraft, or even an FS9/FSX/P3D soundset. You just have to remember that you have to recompile a new .JSON file so that the new sound files will be found when you load the aircraft.

I have attached the very easy-to-use "Auto JSON" executable I use (that I can't seem to find anywhere online anymore). Once you place the new sounds & sound.cfg file into the sound folder of the MSFS aircraft of your choosing, open the Auto JSON executable and click on the directory to navigate to your community folder and select the aircraft's main folder (the folder that contains the .JSON file). Once selected, it will automatically generate a new .JSON file and all you have to do is click save as and you're good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's very easy to replace an existing soundset with one from another MSFS aircraft, or even an FS9/FSX/P3D soundset. You just have to remember that you have to recompile a new .JSON file so that the new sound files will be found when you load the aircraft.

I have attached the very easy-to-use "Auto JSON" executable I use (that I can't seem to find anywhere online anymore). Once you place the new sounds & sound.cfg file into the sound folder of the MSFS aircraft of your choosing, open the Auto JSON executable and click on the directory to navigate to your community folder and select the aircraft's main folder (the folder that contains the .JSON file). Once selected, it will automatically generate a new .JSON file and all you have to do is click save as and you're good to go.
    Thanks for that, I am going to put that into action tomorrow. I think this just might make it easy enough even for me 😃😃

Cheers
    Sunny

Oh nice! There are a few recent releases that need some improved radial sounds.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 6