Grumman XF10-F Jaguar - FSX

Thread: Grumman XF10-F Jaguar - FSX

Grumman XF10-F Jaguar - FSX

Stunning experimental US.Navy swing-wing jet produced in the 1952, it paved the way to the F111 and the Tomcat. As always the visuals are stunning (Uenoshing is the producer). It flyes nicely (at least after a
    quick ride). I've found it at Flightsim : https://www.flightsim.com/files/file...f-1-jaguar_v1/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1_XF10F-1_v1.jpg.7514842531451c85f2cb52b46dc8a6a9.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	91251
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Stunning experimental US.Navy swing-wing jet produced in the 1952, it paved the way to the F111 and the Tomcat. As always the visuals are stunning (Uenoshing is the producer). It flyes nicely (at least after a
    quick ride). I've found it at Flightsim : https://www.flightsim.com/files/file...f-1-jaguar_v1/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1_XF10F-1_v1.jpg.7514842531451c85f2cb52b46dc8a6a9.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	91251
    I have been flying this guy around since Wednesday! I did alter the contact points as my tires were sunken into the ground. I also eliminated the lift scalar on the flaps as it would balloon when they were deployed. I also upped the fuel burn rate as a trip from Chino to Oshkosh (a trip it should JUST be able to make according to the range supplied on Wikipedia) barely had the fuel gauge dropping. I also added a launch assist heading in the CFG file but it needs a bit of tweaking in the contact points as trapping on the carrier it bounces all over like crazy. Other than that it flies well, (probably better than the real one) it looks really good (I like the reflective glass in the VC's instruments) and has great animations. (The swinging and translating wing must've been tricky!) The acceleration is sluggish as reports would suggest but once up to speed is quite nice. I also like how the tail bumper wheel is linked to the last flap animation stage as sometimes it is seen extended, other times it is not. Now, on planes like the XF-91 and Douglas Skyrocket he has pretty much covered all variations the planes went through so I'm wondering if there will be a later release simulating the Jaguar after Grumman ditched the aerodynamically powered tail depicted here and gave it a powered horizontal tail from a Cougar. (Which from what I've read made it much easier to fly at lower speeds.)
    I have personally invited Uenoshing to post here but he is happy posting to the "other" sites. Regardless of where he posts he has amazing talent, does great research on obscure aircraft and I love that he seems committed to modelling overlooked but interesting X-type aircraft and I am happy to FINALLY have an XF10F in my Grumman stable!

Hello,

- I also find this realization superb, like all those already realized by Uenoshing, which I congratulate!
    (Enough, moreover a good "Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden"?)
    For this Jaguar, I find the glass of the gauges too gray, and the reflectives glass are too pronounced!
    Who can tell me what files are to modify, and how?
    THANKS !

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello,

- I also find this realization superb, like all those already realized by Uenoshing, which I congratulate!
    (Enough, moreover a good "Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden"?)
    For this Jaguar, I find the glass of the gauges too gray, and the reflectives glass are too pronounced!
    Who can tell me what files are to modify, and how?
    THANKS !

Alain
    -
    They may be hard-coded into the model....but it's a fantastically good model...

It's excellent. I was delighted when I tried it last weekend. Works great in P3Dv4 also, BTW.

I'd like to know exactly what your tweaks are, Josh. They sound like improvements.

I would use it for Simventure but I don't know how I would identify it to the controllers without a long lecture. "Oshkosh tower, blue ... uh, fast navy jet over Fond du Lac"?

August

Hello Jafo,

Ok, thank you for your details!

Alain
    -

After some tinkering, I've come up with an update to the Jag's aircraft.cfg. I overhauled the contact points so now the compression of the olio struts match the animation. A set of brand new scrape points were added as well (gear-up landings can be preformed without the a/c sinking through the ground). I updated the fuel burn to get as close as I could to the real numbers and made changes to the [airplane_geometry] section (mainly airfoil placement, dimensions, and sweep). A [launch_assistance] section has been added for cat shots (line up shuttle a few feet aft of the nosewheel) and the tailhook has been adjusted to mitigate the a/c from flipping over upon deceleration. IMPORTANT NOTE: You'll still need to dance on the rudder pedals to keep the wings from crashing into the flight deck.

For those who think the glass on top of the gauges is a bit too opaque, I've included an alternate texture that tones it way down.

Jag update.zip

Also, since adding the XF10F to my hangar, this has been playing nonstop in my head while flying it:

Members who have read this thread: 1