P3d v6
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: P3d v6

P3d v6

LM announced today that V6 will launch July 3. Some impressive new features and I’m told that
    It will be compatible with V5 addons. I for one am looking forward to this.

https://fselite.net/content/lockheed...s-prepar3d-v6/

Thanks for the head up Spad!

Cheers

Paul

I for one am looking forward to this.
    Can't wait

Gérard

Little beauty can't wait
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

That is great news. Looking forward to testing my products in the new version.

I do like a Dev that does update their stuff on time.
    July 3.....it could be July 30 and I'd be happy.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I do like a Dev that does update their stuff on time.
    July 3.....it could be July 30 and I'd be happy.
    Sadly not being part of the beta, I have to wait until it's released before figuring out if everything still works.

Well, well,'tis appears I will be getting more active on SOH again. Once this is released, I KNOW I will be getting it! NCI still have P3Dv4.5 and 5.3 installed. There are a couple SWS products that don't work in V5.

Great news! I had though P3D might be dead after all the MSFS hoopla, especially with so many developers abandoning it. I do hope it gives MSFS a run for its money first day purchase for me (as long as the pricing model has not changed).

I do hope this is a real update, unlike the latest X-Plane 12 release.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Great news! I had though P3D might be dead after all the MSFS hoopla, especially with so many developers abandoning it. I do hope it gives MSFS a run for its money first day purchase for me (as long as the pricing model has not changed).

I do hope this is a real update, unlike the latest X-Plane 12 release.
    Golden Age is committed to supporting P3D. We’ll be updating selected models for 5 and 6.

I've stubbornly kept v3/v4/v5 active on my FS box.
    If something like the CS Boeing 707 will run on an earlier version of P3D then that's as good a reason (IMHO) to do so.
    As for the lack of Developer interest, that's their loss and I say a big thank you to GAS for keeping us supplied with new toys.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I must say that, as far as SOH was concerned, I have thought that P3D was practically dead for some while. Which was a shame. I've just last week finally invested in MSFS and it's great for sight-seeing but there will never be the shear diversity of aircraft available to paint and muck about with. So it's great news that LM are upgrading FSX again so I can keep my hobby going!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I've read some interesting comments over at avsim forum

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...lly-announced/

Including this one:

Based on the video, definitely more military mission focused and why not, that is the whole reason for LM to exist with this platform. Seems v6 will more directly compete with DCS than MSFS in the non-commercial market.

What I’m hoping for is the restoration of parking positions that were sadly lacking at many airports in v5. When you’ve spent ages installing hundreds of AIG plans it is disappointing to see so few Ai at major airports because of the lack of parking positions.

So from what I have seen the new features are weapons, and some lighting. I really didn't see anything that pointed to better land detail. Also can the beta testers not post videos?

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    So from what I have seen the new features are weapons, and some lighting. I really didn't see anything that pointed to better land detail. Also can the beta testers not post videos?
    Beta testers are under a NDA. If they post screens shots or videos that is a violation

I see they have published license information, while the Pro license is higher they have clarified the 'Personal' license so everyone can use it in a clear conscience. Pricing for personal is the same as the old academic at 59$. Read more here.

https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2023/06/121250/

As far a scenery updates they mentioned "Highly detailed Airports" and "Sprawling Cities" as updates but also that old scenery will be backward compatible, so I would expect some updates but not a complete upgrade like we got with MSFS.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Beta testers are under a NDA. If they post screens shots or videos that is a violation
    Yeah I'm under NDA also for the games I test. I am surprised with less than a week until release LM has not told them to stream it to boost the game.

Scenery fixes

When P3D V5 made its debut, I discovered that there were many scenery issues or incompatibilities with P34D V4.5 - i.e. a lot of bleed thru objects, buildings, trees, even runways from P3D V5 would
    appear in P3D V4.5 which required some blocking of scenery objects. Some of you reading this know what I am talking about. There was one site that would offer fixes for some scenery incompatibility.
    https://old.inibuilds.com/p3d-v5-sce...tibility-files

Some sceneries that are not compatible with Prepar3D v5 may show default buildings through the scenery’s objects. Their Prepar3D v5 Scenery Compatibility Files add exclude files that remove these default buildings, without interfering with any existing scenery files or modifications!

My point is I wonder if P3D V6 scenery will be another boondoggle like P3D V5? I guess I will have to wait and read reviews and ask others who upgraded to find out. My other question is if upgrading to
    V6 is worth upgrading to from V5.4 and what are the appreciable differences (if any)?

Prepar3D v6 License Updates

29 June 2023 Update: Watermark on Prepar3D v6 Personal has been removed.

License Type Update

Beginning with Prepar3D v6, the Academic license will be replaced with a Personal license. A Personal license will expand the user group beyond K-12 academic institutions by allowing use within a licensee’s personal residence. The Personal license will require users to maintain internet connectivity during use. Business, militaries and college/universities will continue to require a Professional or Professional Plus license. Complete details will be provided in the End User License Agreement (EULA) at the time of Prepar3D v6 release.
    License Price Update

Prepar3D v6 Personal will remain the same price as the previous Prepar3D Academic versions at $59.95. Prepar3D v6 Professional will cost $350 to purchase while Prepar3D v6 Professional Plus will be $2,750. Developer licenses for Prepar3D v6 Professional and Professional Plus will be $9.99 a month and $50 a month, respectively.

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announ...023/06/121250/

So the weapons are still limited to the Professional Plus version only ? That's very disappointing. I was hoping to see P3D become some opponent to DCS and Falcon4, but that's not happening anytime soon :/

The Personal license will require users to maintain internet connectivity during use.
    Is this currently the case or a change?
    I've a feeling I've used V5 when my internet was down...

I'm inclined to consider the Professional option, but that's just me thinking outside the box.
    The current V5 release is giving me the irrits, strange distortions all over the place and nothing seems to be sorting things out.
    Short of a fresh install I'm out of ideas and the temptation to dive in the deep end with V6 Pro version is tempting.
    Mutter mutter.......

This video was created by a new member to our team who will be assisting us as we develop P3D V5 and eventually V6. He’s very responsive to questions and I encourage folks to reach out via the links in the presentation.

I emulated all the changes he made and the one think that was hosed was the blank preview screen

If I revert to a older setting then the blank aircraft preview screen issue is moot.

I used a Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3060 12 GB memory GPU.

So somewhere in one or more of the setting in P3D the blank preview screen went blank.

This video was created by a new member to our team who will be assisting us as we develop P3D V5 and eventually V6. He’s very responsive to questions and I encourage folks to reach out via the links in the presentation.

I emulated all the changes he made and the one thing that was hosed was the blank preview screen

If I revert to a older setting then the blank aircraft preview screen issue is moot.

I used a Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3060 12 GB memory GPU.

So somewhere in one or more of the setting in P3D the blank preview screen went blank.

Members who have read this thread: 9