The A2A Comanche: Built with Accu-Sim Released 7/18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The A2A Comanche: Built with Accu-Sim Released 7/18

Icon4 The A2A Comanche: Built with Accu-Sim Released 7/18

Last edited by Tom Clayton; July 18th, 2023 at 13:04.

I can't wait for A2A to come to MSFS. Their aircraft are always a lot of fun to fly, regardless of the sim, and will definitely bring study level eye candy to the new sim.

Hopefully their Mustang is not too far behind !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I got the chance to talk to Scott at the last Cosford flight sim show. A thoroughly nice bloke, who lives and breathes aviation. I had all four of A2A's GA in P3D, and for some reason the Comanche didn't grab me much. I have a feeling that is about to change radically.

Glad to see A2A is finally making it's way to FS2020. Took them long enough.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Glad to see A2A is finally making it's way to FS2020. Took them long enough.
    I agree! Welcome to the party A2A.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I had just about every plane A2A made for FSX, wonder if they will apply a discount when buying them for MSFS2020?

Agreed. Good to see A2A in MSFS, and I know Scott is simply enthralled with his Commanche.

As for me...I'm hoping they bring their the excellent P-51D in both wartime and civilian variants with Accu-Sim to MSFS next...

Kent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Agreed. Good to see A2A in MSFS, and I know Scott is simply enthralled with his Commanche.

As for me...I'm hoping they bring their the excellent P-51D in both wartime and civilian variants with Accu-Sim to MSFS next...

Kent
    My vote is for the P-40 or P-47.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I concur with jmig/John!

With a big preference for the P-47

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

One B-17G for me please. And a L049-Connie if it's not too much to ask. Oh, and a B377 on the side, please. A Piper J3 could go for good luck. Wouldn't mind a big jug neither.

Question is will there be anything else A2A MSFS besides the Commanche in the near future in the first place ? Wasn't it like A2A had lots of reservations regarding MSFS ?

It sure IS good to see Scott and company back in MSFS !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Question is will there be anything else A2A MSFS besides the Commanche in the near future in the first place ? Wasn't it like A2A had lots of reservations regarding MSFS ?

It sure IS good to see Scott and company back in MSFS !
    I don't think they had any reservations about MSFS, they announced in the summer of 2020 that they were working on developing Accu-Sim and the Aerostar for the new platform. A few months later, the landing gear failed on their Aerostar and they had to land gear up, so no more Aerostar. I assume development then shifted to the Comanche.

A2A were involved with some parts of the MS/Asobo Reno Air Racing addon, and the A2A Comanche has been in the works for MSFS for nearly as long as the sim has been around - they've posting little updates about the project for quite some time now. I'd imagine there are at least several thousand man hours that have been put into both bringing the model and textures into MSFS, with updating/upgrading as expected, plus then creating their Accusim structure for a completely new sim. In FSX/P3D, they had their own control over all of the sounds of the aircraft and environment via their Accusim structure, so it will be interesting to see how much of that was done for MSFS now as well or if, with MSFS, A2A were able to instead just mainly use the sim's methods for engine and environment sounds (which are in a completely different ballpark than FSX/P3D). Knowing Scott's pursuit for perfection in such details, I would expect that they have done a lot of their own thing/added their own structure for the control of the sounds.

I really like the fact that the walkaround checkpoints/actions are all actually part of the model now, including the opening of access panels, fuel tank and oil tank caps, checking of fluids, draining the tanks, etc. (rather than as in FSX/P3D, when items like that were just 2D images).

Thanks gentlemen !

The video does show why A2A has been so quiet after the release of MSFS. Unbelievable what they have accomplished with the Comanche so far. Not really that much into GA myself but i'll be in the frontline holding my credit card above my head the minute this amazing product gets its take-off clearance. Be it for the engine care and maintenance only if it needs be ! Wow!

Sure looks like A2A makes it worth the wait twice over and in spades too ! What amazing masterpiece this turns out to be ! (i'd almost say i don't need no B-17 anymore but i do..;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    A2A were involved with some parts of the MS/Asobo Reno Air Racing addon, and the A2A Comanche has been in the works for MSFS for nearly as long as the sim has been around - they've posting little updates about the project for quite some time now. I'd imagine there are at least several thousand man hours that have been put into both bringing the model and textures into MSFS, with updating/upgrading as expected, plus then creating their Accusim structure for a completely new sim. In FSX/P3D, they had their own control over all of the sounds of the aircraft and environment via their Accusim structure, so it will be interesting to see how much of that was done for MSFS now as well or if, with MSFS, A2A were able to instead just mainly use the sim's methods for engine and environment sounds (which are in a completely different ballpark than FSX/P3D). Knowing Scott's pursuit for perfection in such details, I would expect that they have done a lot of their own thing/added their own structure for the control of the sounds.

I really like the fact that the walkaround checkpoints/actions are all actually part of the model now, including the opening of access panels, fuel tank and oil tank caps, checking of fluids, draining the tanks, etc. (rather than as in FSX/P3D, when items like that were just 2D images).
    I wonder how their Accusim will compare/compete with FSRealistic Pro. I have and use the latter and find it to be a nice addon. I used Accusim with FSX & P3D. I can't recall where anything provided by Accusim in the past isn't already in use by either MSFS or MSFS with FSRealistic. Also, there is MSFS 2024 and what it will bring to the table to consider.

I am not trying to discredit or bash A2A or Accusim. I just wonder if its day has passed?
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

This list of features of the A2A MSFS Comanche, illustrate just how much more extensive their work has become:

• A brand new external aerodynamics engine built with Accu-Sim 2.0 ‘Merlin’ technology.
    • Remarkable performance accuracy based on operating A2A’s own Comanche 250, N6229P, over many years.
    • Unparalleled aircraft feel, handling characteristics and trim behaviour based on extensive flight testing.
    • A complete physics-based per-cylinder simulation of the Lycoming O-540-A internal combustion engine.
    • Dynamic ground physics featuring true weight on wheels simulation, tyre side-loading and response to different surface types.
    • Advanced turbulence system and subtle wing flex simulation which responds based on turbulence strength, ground bumps and fuel load.
    • Sophisticated airframe vibration physics with unique ground roll and engine vibration-based effects.
    • Authentic fuel system simulates fuel lines, primer, strainers and fuel contamination.
    • Custom oil system with dynamic viscosity and contaminants that degrade and change the color of the oil.
    • Advanced engine starter simulation that physically turns the engine through its compression cycle.
    • Physics-driven sound environment featuring well over a thousand dynamic sound effects.
    • Beautifully-rendered external and internal modelling and texturing with subtle wear effects, dynamic aircraft registration decals and advanced animations.
    • Detailed JPI EDM 830 engine monitor with authentic displays and leaning procedures.
    • Custom-coded Narco avionics stack with NCS812 COM/NAV/DME unit, Mark12E COM/NAV, AT150 transponder, CP 136 audio panel and 841 ADF receiver.
    • Customisable integration of MSFS default/Working Title GNS 430W and 530W GPS units and support for PMS GTN 750 and TDS GTN 750Xi if installed.
    • Century NSD-360A HSI with custom needle-smoothing physics.
    • Advanced simulation of the S-TEC System 30 two axis autopilot.
    • Beautiful night lighting implementation featuring multi-purpose dimmable and directable Type C-4A cockpit light, dimmable emissive indicator lamps and white and red lighting options.
    • Pilot’s tablet for intuitive interaction with, and management of your airplane.
    • Interactive walkaround with many moving parts that can be grabbed, manipulated and inspected.
    • Customisable persistent airplane with failure and wear simulation which can be adjusted and deactivated if desired.
    • Graphical tablet engine analyzer provides a detailed insight into the piston engine operation.
    • Real time load manager with dynamic weight and balance indicator.
    • Electrical system analyzer and circuit breaker functionality.
    • Two naturally animated rear seat passengers and support for native MSFS avatars in the front seats.
    • Fluid in-sim performance comparable with default aircraft of the same class.

John (Jmig), maybe you are confusing with "AccuFeel", which was an independent A2A product that was bringing some physical effects (shaking, wind noises etc...) to non-Accusim aircrafts.
    The Accusim packages, which were aircraft-specific, included all of that but also brought in advanced simulation of aircraft components, wear and tear being just a part of them.
    Last edited by Daube; July 16th, 2023 at 08:24. Reason: John Terrell posts faster than me :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    John (Jmig), maybe you are confusing with "AccuFeel", which was an independent A2A product that was bringing some physical effects (shaking, wind noises etc...) to non-Accusim aircrafts.
    The Accusim packages, which were aircraft-specific, included all of that but also brought in advanced simulation of aircraft components, wear and tear being just a part of them.
    Yes, I was thinking of AccuFeel. Thanks for setting me straight. I had forgotten the two were different.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Charter Member 2011

Great clip, fantastic simulation of 70-year old tech

But just imagine if your morning commute looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXXOYEtUmg

Start at 2:30 if you're the impatient type.

I wonder if Jankees will get out his paint brush for this one?
    T43

Charter Member 2011

The Full Story

Stunning details and execution. A GA simmer's dream.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 3