Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Sim update was 557.87 MB, but now I'm downloading an update to WU IV that's 3.25 GB.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I like the way that the people who design these msfs updates assume that everyone has a degree in computer science.
    They include a file called "How to install an update safely".
    I don't know what they are telling me to do for the most part, the last time I tried to install a program into the computer that required all these files to be changed, deleted, combined and what else, I ended up making a mess of the computer and spent quite a few hours getting it to work again.
    There seems to be a thousand things in msfs that can be changed, many are deep into the msfs files, but you don't get any information with msfs that gives you a simple explanation of how to do something or where that file may be hidden.
    I'm just going to press the install button, if it turns out ok, fine. If things don't work, I'll go back to Assetto Corsa for awhile.
    I'm72 now and as I say many times a year, "Life is just getting to be too complicated."

Update Time Again

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Even the Store update is 706.2 MB.
    It was recommended prior to the last "World Update" to rename your Community Folder to something like Community Folder.Old , proceed to complete the update which in turn builds a new Community Folder, run the Sim, check things out, if all is good go ahead and delete said Folder and return with your original Folder ?? Oh and update any Microsoft apps as well. Is this the case with the present upgrade ?

You can drag the Community folder off to the desktop, or rename it - either way, the sim will build a fresh empty version on restart. But... I forgot to do that and my update was seamless anyway. I just finished a 45 minute flight in the bone-stock TBM from Lihue to Kona and had zero issues. I'm not sure what was changed besides the leather textures getting a fresh slathering of Armor-All, but she works just fine. The external model still doesn't show the registration - not sure what Asobo hasn't addressed that since a couple of updates.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

After the update, has anyone else been seeing a white dot in the cockpit that comes and goes when panning while the cursor is active? It seems to affect the cursor as well/makes it flash. I've never seen this before in the sim, and it is annoying as heck. I did a quick search on the MSFS forums, and it has been a known bug in the betas and on XBox for months! So frustrating that they knew this bug was present with this "AAU 2" update and they still force it on us. They say that it will be fixed in a future update...

It's not a big deal, but I noticed the update also reset my graphics settings, which I quickly put back to the way I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    After the update, has anyone else been seeing a white dot in the cockpit that comes and goes when panning while the cursor is active?
    I saw that while trying out the 787 to see if it handled any more realistically...did not realize it was connected to the update.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    After the update, has anyone else been seeing a white dot in the cockpit that comes and goes when panning while the cursor is active?.
    There's a file on flightsim.to that gets rid of the white dot, (mostly, it occasionally pops up) but it can't do anything for that highlight/outline effect that shows up when the cursor or camera moves past some screens.

Are you using Lock mode when you see the dot? I'm in Legacy mode and never have seen it.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yes, I can confirm that I'm in legacy mode and see the dot, and with every aircraft I've tried. I even experimented with putting it to lock and then back to legacy, and it's the same result. I've never had the dot before this week's update, but now that I do, I've added my vote to every thread on the MSFS forum asking for it to be fixed (it seems to have come and gone in the various betas going back to at least last October).

Microsoft/Asobo say they have the bug logged, acknowledged that it was present in this update, and will be fixing it in a future update.

SOH-CM-2023
    As the update proceeded, was given notice to update GPU drivers to later than 535.79.0. Did so with latest and all is well.

I don't have this particular bug/dot personally. Read on the official forums that it is something that happens primarily to people using game pads as well as Joysticks.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    ...happens primarily to people using game pads as well as Joysticks.

Priller
    That makes sense, since the only time I touch my game controller is when I'm either in drone or slew. The rest of the time, I'm using KB/Mouse and my X52.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yeah, it's odd. I've tested it, and it has nothing to do with the Xbox controller. I have always had one, just for use with drone mode and slew mode, and even removing the Xbox controller completely, and then starting the sim, the white dot when panning in the cockpit still shows up (using the hat switch on my CH Fighterstick). The white dot isn't always present, it just shows up when panning in the cockpit view, which it never has before (and I am, and always have been, in Legacy mode for cockpit interaction). It's such a small thing but annoying, and I'm certainly not alone with all of the people on the MSFS forum which have been reporting the same issue following AAU 2 (as well as in the beta testing of updates over the past several months). The patch program available at Flightsim.to does a good job in the interim.

Like you, Jim, I got the same message when updating that I needed to update my graphics drivers (which I did).

Yes, even with very last update. Very annoying. Using Thrusmaster 16000M. Will try installing no-more-white-dot.

Members who have read this thread: 0