Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and Yoke Combo

Thread: Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and Yoke Combo

Blog Entries

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and Yoke Combo

Anyone who owns the set, are there bolt holes on the underside where you can bolt the unit down? Or do you need to use the clamps that come with the units?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The units attach to a mounting plate. The plate has a custom "adhesive backing" that can hold it down on your desk or you can use the very sturdy clamps that also come with the units. My preference is to use the clamps since the adhesive can become weakened over time and/or come unstuck during heavy maneuvering. It's a matter of moments to unscrew the clamps to remove the units, but the adhesive can possibly cause damage to your desktop.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I concur with Paiken's above post. Going by other people's rig photos you could mount below the desk. There are loads of hex bolts keeping the unit together but I'm not too sure if you could utilise those (I'm doubtful to be honest) I might be wrong!Mine are currently clamped to the shelf above me, gathering dust (with dust covers!) having come to the conclusion that I prefer using my Virpil setup.Keith.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    The units attach to a mounting plate.
    So, I could drill through the plate and attach it to 3/4 ply? This will be for a custon sim build. I amn to worried about messing up a desktop.

Thank you both for replying to my question.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0