FlyingIron Simulations Bf-109G-6 Released 6/14 - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FlyingIron Simulations Bf-109G-6 Released 6/14

Charter Member 2011
    Very nice!
    And thank you again, for posting the link.

Although this repaint is still very much a work-in-progress, after working on it the past couple weeks it was quite rewarding this evening to finally have a first look at it in the sim. This repaint depicts the airworthy Bf 109G-4 (converted Buchon) N109GY owned and operated by Jerry Yagen's Military Aviation Museum based in Virginia Beach, VA. The paint scheme represents a Bf 109G-4 flown by Gruppenkommandeur Hptm. Klaus Quaet-Faslem of I./JG3 Udet. Credited with 49 aircraft shot down, he was killed in January 1944 in a flying accident due to bad weather over Braunschweig while intercepting 8th Air Force B-17 bombers and was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross.

Like my experience with my repaint of N42109, I think a few days were taken up with just figuring out/experimenting with different brush settings that would work the best to achieve the look of the mottling on the real aircraft (which ended up being completely different brush settings than I used on N42109 to match that restoration/paint scheme). The three camouflage colors are similar to those used on my previous repaint of N42109, but are different/modified to match N109GY (at least I hope they do).

Items still on my to-do-list include the full range of stencils (matching the restoration), aileron/flap edges and wing trailing edges, and a bit of non-slip tape on the port wing. (The registration text is just a place-holder for the time being until I create the correct font type). Another couple days and it should be done.

Again beautiful colours!!
    Mind you, though, that the crest of JG3 was always "facing forward" on both sides (it is also incorrectly depicted in the Jg3 liveries by Flyingiron). RW N109GY has the crest correctly applied.
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xe3Oo-Cer...rauBf109G6.jpg

Best regards,

Seawing

Thank you, Seawing! I didn't even consider that, though it seemed like something felt off. I'll make sure to fix that (one of a few things).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

That is just gorgeous. The blending of pale blue, various shades of grey, and then black, is superb. I still haven't got the Me-109, but love the repaints that are being done for it.

the weather here in Belgium is appalling, so I thought I'd go for a more wintery theme...
    carganico (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

carganico (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

carganico (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Haha JK , i guess it is the same crappy weather here in the Netherlands , so i went to the Med to catch some rays .
    I love those "Eismeer" shemes though.

snap02404 by Danny Best, on Flickr

There sure were a large array of '109 paint schemes, and it's great to see the variety of repaints, Jankees and Spook.

Paul, thank you for the compliment on the colors. Whether or not I'm ever successful at it, that's something I always strive hard to try and get right.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 6th, 2023 at 12:31.

My repaint of the Military Aviation Museum's Bf 109G-4 WkNr.19257 (N109GY) is now available here: https://flightsim.to/file/59433/mess...r-19257-n109gy

I've also released updates for my previous two Bf 109 repaints:

https://flightsim.to/file/57719/mess...-410077-n42109
    https://flightsim.to/file/58207/mess...0639-ex-g-ustv

Using the excellent freeware scenery, some of my screenshots were taken with it parked in front of the original WWII German Cottbus hangar located at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia, where this aircraft is based.

In all three of my repaints, I've added some normal map and texture details missing in the stock FlyingIron textures, such as the access panel on the starboard aft fuselage for the machine gun pressurization tank. On this one, I've also added some additional details like the non-slip tape on the port wing and the Bf 109F access panel on the forward port-side fuselage (uniquely matching this particular aircraft).

Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 10th, 2023 at 19:13.

Here are some screenshots of my updated repaint of WkNr.410077/N42109, in which I modified the complete maps to give it a smoother and more flat/matte finish, better matching the real restoration (I had done this with 'Black 6' and now 'Black 1' as well - all three with their own unique levels of sheen/luster). This also led me to adjusting the tone/brightness of the RLM 76 light blue, and white-painted markings, as well as a bit more fine adjusting to the hue of the yellow markings. There were also about a half dozen other little improvements/fine adjustments made, here and there.

Cool

John, you have to stop trying to pass off real photos as screenshots...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Your eye for detail is mindblowing.

Uploaded my "Black 8" 5./JG 27
    https://flightsim.to/file/59449/mess...arze-8-5-jg-27
    I also updated my Hartmann, aswell as my Bartels repaints because both had the fuselage-band incorrect aligned.

snap02428 by Danny Best, on Flickrsnap02432 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Uploaded my "Black 8" 5./JG 27
    https://flightsim.to/file/59449/mess...arze-8-5-jg-27
    I also updated my Hartmann, aswell as my Bartels repaints because both had the fuselage-band incorrect aligned.

snap02428 by Danny Best, on Flickrsnap02432 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Hi Spook48!

Very nice, however, to my eye the repaint appears a bit too white for an aircraft flying in the Med. Would you be prepared to consider the description in this link (https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...g6-real.49348/). It seems much more likely to actually represent an aircraft flying in Sicily.
    Just my 2 cents ...

Best regards,

Seawing

I gotta agree with you , Seawing. She looks very pale in those shots.
    The pic shown in that thread is exactly the one i used as an example, only frome a different source.
    My guess is that it was scanned a bit lighter. Also the light in MSFS tends to lighten things up. Colors look very different as they do in PS.
    Here is a pic with an overcast , i included the example i used. Anyway , its just how i see it i guess .
    If you don't like it , you could always toss it out .
    snap02445 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I gotta agree with you , Seawing. She looks very pale in those shots.
    The pic shown in that thread is exactly the one i used as an example, only frome a different source.
    My guess is that it was scanned a bit lighter. Also the light in MSFS tends to lighten things up. Colors look very different as they do in PS.
    Here is a pic with an overcast , i included the example i used. Anyway , its just how i see it i guess .
    If you don't like it , you could always toss it out .
    snap02445 by Danny Best, on Flickr

No, no, the point is, I do like the aircraft, it was just that the the other picture I linked to look much more propable. Anyway, if you want to keep it the way it is now, that is absolutely fine.

Best regards,

Seawing

My repaint of the restored Bf 109G-14 "Black 2" (D-FMGV) is now available here: https://flightsim.to/file/59736/mess...-462707-d-fmgv

Looks great! downoading right now.

Charter Member 2011
    Awww now look - you've gone and used up my screenshot!
    Possibly your best repaint on that thing to date...
    Last edited by Wing_Z; August 18th, 2023 at 16:32.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Charter Member 2011
    Oh dear - the internet does make it difficult to properly express yourself, well that's my story anyway.
    Great repaint is what I meant (although in fact not my favourite livery!)
    See? There I've gone and done it again...
    Your attention to the detail is admirable, and always amazing.
    Thank you for your continuing contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen.
    Did you say recently that you might be turning your repainting skills towards Flying Iron's P-38 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Oh dear - the internet does make it difficult to properly express yourself, well that's my story anyway.
    Great repaint is what I meant (although in fact not my favourite livery!)
    See? There I've gone and done it again...
    Your attention to the detail is admirable, and always amazing.
    Thank you for your continuing contributions.
    Wing_Z, no worries! I figured that's what you meant, so I had revised my previous post. If you had meant otherwise, I just wanted to express that I always hope to maintain the highest level of care and accuracy in all of my work, and if there is ever anything that anyone notices in my repaints that seems off or is not right, even the smallest detail (colors/tones, stencil typo, etc.), I don't want anyone refraining from letting me know - always my biggest fear is overlooking something that is obvious to others. I never release a repaint until I'm completely satisfied with it, but that can and usually does change in a matter of only hours/days afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Did you say recently that you might be turning your repainting skills towards Flying Iron's P-38 ?
    Yes, I think I'm done with '109 repaints for the time being, and I've been working on gathering what I need to do some repaints for the P-38 (covering some of my favorites).

Members who have read this thread: 3