I was on-board the C-47, "That's All Brother", today

Thread: I was on-board the C-47, "That's All Brother", today

I was on-board the C-47, "That's All Brother", today

The first C-47 to reach Normandy on June 6, 1944 was in my town (near Indianapolis) today, and I was able to get a private tour of her. It reminded just how good that particular repaint of Manfred's C-47, available here at SOH, really is. I'll attempt to post a couple of pics later.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    The first C-47 to reach Normandy on June 6, 1944 was in my town (near Indianapolis) today, and I was able to get a private tour of her. It reminded just how good that particular repaint of Manfred's C-47, available here at SOH, really is. I'll attempt to post a couple of pics later.
    Where abouts do you live, in relation to Indy? I was born in Indy and raised on the Northside, off of Springmill Rd. NC

A Couple Weeks Ago

We had the Ford Trimotor in Wilmington but it just didn't work out. I found unpacking cartons the other day my Collins Foundation B-24 "Witchcraft" t-shirt I got when it was at Chicago Executive Airport in Illinois that I was privileged to get aboard. They also had the B-17G "Aluminum Overcast" there as well and I got to tour that too. Couldn't get to fly in it though cause back then it was $300.00 for a 1 hour flight and with a wife and family sadly it wasn't justified. Ford Trimotor was only $65.00 but I couldn't find out if that was to taxi around; do a circuit or just to walk around in it. Moot point though since I couldn't get there with other obligations that weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0