Lionheart Bellanca Super Viking out on Marketplace

Thread: Lionheart Bellanca Super Viking out on Marketplace

Lionheart Bellanca Super Viking out on Marketplace

The latest from Bill Ortiz is a beauty, with a very cool retro autopilot. The Super Viking is a weird and interesting plane, with 200 mph speed, but was built with wood-covered wings and a fabric-covered fuselage into the late 1990s.

External details are beautiful, nice combination of steam gauges and GPS. Needs a few tweaks (Others report the stall regime is broken; I hadn't tried flying that slow. Plus the toe brake axes are backwards), but overall it's a really nice and interesting plane with Lionheart's usual attention to detail.

Jonathan Beckett has a 1st look video up on YT.
    Overall he likes the flight performance and exterior visuals. Feels the interior needs a bit of sharpening here & there.
    Worth the price,& an update or 2 should iron out any wrinkles.
    I think this is the release: (Not sure now as it refers to FSX Steam Edition)

https://www.justflight.com/product/l...viking-17-300a

Any early adopter observations?
    Where did you purchase yours DA??

T43

I believe at the moment it's a Marketplace exclusive. The one at JustFlight was his earlier FSX/P3D version.

Some interior wall textures could use a tweak, but the panel looks wonderful and I tend to be focused on that and the windows when actually flying.

And yeah, Bill's been supporting his products for over 20 years so I'm confident the quirks will get ironed out quickly.

I hope Bill will bring his Tailwind over to MSFS.
    I loved that one in FSX and P3D.
    https://secure.simmarket.com/lionhea...tailwind.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I believe at the moment it's a Marketplace exclusive. The one at JustFlight was his earlier FSX/P3D version.

Some interior wall textures could use a tweak, but the panel looks wonderful and I tend to be focused on that and the windows when actually flying.

And yeah, Bill's been supporting his products for over 20 years so I'm confident the quirks will get ironed out quickly.
    Have a number of his P3D aircraft & have always enjoyed flying them.
    I'll have a look in the Marketplace.
    T43

Blog Entries
    I too like Bill's Super Viking. I had it in FSX and will look into it in MSFS.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Need some help.
    Downloaded/installed from the Market place.
    Currently on an ILS flight from Louisville to West Virginia. (Tracks the magenta line really well)

I have some functionality issues in the cockpit when I use the mouse - the Throttle, Mixture & prop 'sliders' do not move, but I can change the settings by left click/hold & push/pull with the mouse pointer, although the appropriate controls don't actually move..
    The rocker switches for the various lights [Landing, Nav etc] don't move, but left mouse click on those rockers turns the various lights on & off.
    I can't tune the Coms frequencies. (Dials won't rotate)
    The Century II dial rotates & the AP rockers move & work.
    So its a mixed bag at the moment.
    Have uninstalled/reinstalled, but no change.
    Anyone have an answer?
    T43

PS- Well, I paused the flight to read the manual on another screen, went back to the flight, now everything works!
    Not sure if its set up to force you to read the manual, but there is a lot of good advice & history of the aircraft in its 64 pages.
    Love the cockpit in the Bellanca, its a solid & quick flier.
    Well worth adding to your single engine fleet if you are a GA flier.

Somewhat frustrating - Saturday morning, back to where I was in previous post, with locked sliders & dials etc.
    Haven't been able to clear them yet.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    T43

PS: 11am EST, PC restart, start MSFS, & Bellanca cockpit is OK.
    So I'll stop posting & fly
    T43
    Last edited by Twice43; May 27th, 2023 at 09:48.

Having put several hours up on the Bellanca I can report it is a delight to fly.
    One thing to watch out for is the effectiveness of the flaps.
    Dropping them will cause the nose to pitch up, so my 1st ILS approach was a bit of a dance as I was juggling the throttle & flaps to reduce speed & hold the 3% approach.
    T43

Ol' Yeller

If anyone interested, did a repaint of the Bellanca Super Viking.
    https://flightsim.to/file/55768/bellanca-super-viking-o-d-yellow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exterior2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	90894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	318.8 KB 
ID:	90895
    Last edited by Jim Goldman; May 28th, 2023 at 07:41.

Members who have read this thread: 0