IFT USS Gerald R Ford on Marketplace

Thread: IFT USS Gerald R Ford on Marketplace

IFT USS Gerald R Ford on Marketplace

Looks like Dino's at it again! This one appears to be different than what's on Orbx, as that one is advertised as static. This one looks to be a landable moving carrier - at least from what's in this review video.

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Looks like Dino's at it again! This one appears to be different than what's on Orbx, as that one is advertised as static. This one looks to be a landable moving carrier - at least from what's in this review video.

The OrbX version has been updated with moving carriers as well.

Is it only for Dino's planes, or can we use it with other planes as well?

Cees

It should work with anything that implements the catapult/tail hook in the same way as the stock F/A-18E. So the Hornet, and I assume Dean's F-14 and F/A-18C as well. Haven't tried the Hellcat or Corsair.

I just read through the info on Indiafoxecho's Facebook page. From what I read, the catapult and trap capability is still only for their aircraft.

Here is the product manual. Link is from their FB page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16BM...0iVvCsFN6XAKEE

NC

Update: Now that I actually read more of the manual, apparently there are both Static and Dynamic ships, which I gather means moving? Additionally, other aircraft besides Dino's should be able to catapult and trap.

Despite the superb modeling the only trap is the aircraft carrier itself. Anchored in the middle of the ocean like a sitting duck waiting for its doom. Nothing more unrealistic in MSFS not to say ridiculous. Like with the cheesy default floatplane water effects before (a lot better now) MS/Asobo needs to get more respect for water and finally do something about it. Like us ourselves our planet consists of more than 70% water ! They've got the seaway/swell pretty much covered but ships that can't sail is a contradictio in terminis or, because it's intentional (because they don't do something about it !) an oxymoron.

Truly sad to see Dino having to offer *two* versions of his fantastic looking modern aircraft carrier. One that can indeed sail ( wouldn't that be the first ship in MSFS that actually can ??...) but cannot launch or trap aircraft and another one that can but can't sail.... How dejected is that...

Members who have read this thread: 1