44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

Thread: 44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

Hybrid View

44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

This is the P-40 campaign that were based at Gudalcanal Talon did years ago and has been updated.Some new planes have been used and the new Solomons scenery by UT.From what I heard there might be a new mission or 2.

If you're interested post in the thread,if not don't post.

Hiede

Certainly interested Hiede.

I was lucky enough to receive a signed copy of Bill Starke's "Vampire Squadron" some years ago, as a result I have a real interest on anything that touches on their PTO experiences.

I'd be very interested too Hiede. Still making my way through USMC Aces, but it has been very enjoyable. I also loved Talons other missions from his Solomons 43, especially the P-40 missions, as it's my favorite WWII fighter.

Hi Hiede,

Yes please, now I have some spare time on my hands I'd like to get around to installing UT's Solomons scenery on my new system. An updated version of Talon's Guadalcanal campaign would be awesome too.

Cheers
    Aussie

Of course we would be interested! We can never have enough P-40 campaigns!

Heide
    Im still trying to get to finishing USMC aces.
    I have all Talon's Solomons 43 campaigns installed. Haven't flown them in a while. I would be interested in an update.
    Thanks for asking

Yep, that's a favorite campaign of mine.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A lot of people seem to like the P-40.I got to see a P-40N this year.This summer I get to see a P-40E and may get to fly it.There are 2 of them in North American that I know of that have been restored,flyable and for sale.

Hiede

Icon22 Reply...

Hiede,

This is really interesting. I plan on doing some simming over the summer. I'd love to take a crack or two at it!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Hiede,

This is really interesting. I plan on doing some simming over the summer. I'd love to take a crack or two at it!
    Well Rami, you're not on the list and came to late to the party. Looks like you are out of luck for now.

Hiede

Pics of 2 flights of 5 Corsairs on the same airfield with MR scenery and UT scenery in the Solomons.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MR scenery.jpg   UT scenery.jpg  

Well 1 of the people I sent the campaign to said he's enjoying it.Waiting to hear from the others.

Hiede

Hi Hiede,

I'm enjoying it so far too, getting shot down way too many times though.

Cheers
    Aussie

Angry Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Well Rami, you're not on the list and came to late to the party. Looks like you are out of luck for now.

Hiede
    Hiede,

Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize that I had to meet specific response criteria. I've been extremely busy trying to track down a missing brother who has been gone since April 3rd, 2023, and caring for a mother having to recover from a knee replacement surgery she had on April 7th, and who suffered a mental break during recovery due to the added stress of not knowing where her other son is, all while holding down my job and taking care of my own family. Not to mention preparing for two more surgeries over the summer, one on my right leg and and another to correct a congenital heart defect.

This, along with two hospitalizations for my legs last fall, taking care of my family, and handling a short-staffed situation at my school is why my attendance has been spotty for the last several months.

I will try to meet your expectations in the future, but maybe consider what's going on in other people's real lives.
    "Rami"

Well Rami there were 8 that has already responded and I picked 5 of them to try the missions.This done even before you responded you wanted a crack or two at it.Did you expect to get them just because you wanted them?It doesn't work that way.You weren't on the list of 5 because they responded before you.You have to wait like everyone else until it is released.

About real life.

Did you forget who took care of Al for all those years until he passed away.How about when his wife passed away in his arms and she was only 27 and they had an 18 month old girl.He was devastated when his next wife and his daughter were killed in a car accident.Who helped him through it?

I was there when he had his stroke,had back surgery and the times he was recovering from the injuries caused by him helping to find survivors from the 9/11 twin towers plane crashes.That also meant he had to pull dead bodies out of the rubble,I also lost my husband because of that.They were never the same after that.

I lost my husband when I was 25 and pregnant and had our daughter a month after I was 26.A single mom but thankfully Al and his wife were there to help.I also have a drug addicted brother that constantly disappears and has been in rehab countless times with no effect.My father was an alcoholic but is trying to straighten his life out.

So you remember me disappearing for 2 years?Part of the reason was my daughter was pushed down the stairs at school.She was in a coma,broke her leg,arm and cracked 3 ribs.She missed so much school she had to repeat that school year.

The only things I posted about was my husband passing because he did a lot for CFS2 in the beginning.I also posted about Al when he was ill so people knew he wasn't going to be around for awhile and he would not say anything in the forums.When he passed away I thought everyone should know because he had friends and people he respected here.

So not only you have real live problems,everyone does.It's all part of life.Al was going to die,he knew it and never cried the blues as you have.He still lived his life to the fullest and was always there to help others.

Also remember a lot of people in here are older than you and not your teenage students,you seem to forget that at times.

Knowing you,you'll probably delete this post because you don't like when people stand up to you.I've done it 20 for 20 years with others in SOH.

Don't worry Rami I'll be spending some quality time with my family and going away for awhile on vacation as I mentioned earlier,which means you won't have to put up with me.Doesn't that make you so happy?

Hiede

Icon28 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Well Rami there were 8 that has already responded and I picked 5 of them to try the missions.This done even before you responded you wanted a crack or two at it.Did you expect to get them just because you wanted them?It doesn't work that way.You weren't on the list of 5 because they responded before you.You have to wait like everyone else until it is released.

About real life.

Did you forget who took care of Al for all those years until he passed away.How about when his wife passed away in his arms and she was only 27 and they had an 18 month old girl.He was devastated when his next wife and his daughter were killed in a car accident.Who helped him through it?

I was there when he had his stroke,had back surgery and the times he was recovering from the injuries caused by him helping to find survivors from the 9/11 twin towers plane crashes.That also meant he had to pull dead bodies out of the rubble,I also lost my husband because of that.They were never the same after that.

I lost my husband when I was 25 and pregnant and had our daughter a month after I was 26.A single mom but thankfully Al and his wife were there to help.I also have a drug addicted brother that constantly disappears and has been in rehab countless times with no effect.My father was an alcoholic but is trying to straighten his life out.

So you remember me disappearing for 2 years?Part of the reason was my daughter was pushed down the stairs at school.She was in a coma,broke her leg,arm and cracked 3 ribs.She missed so much school she had to repeat that school year.

The only things I posted about was my husband passing because he did a lot for CFS2 in the beginning.I also posted about Al when he was ill so people knew he wasn't going to be around for awhile and he would not say anything in the forums.When he passed away I thought everyone should know because he had friends and people he respected here.

So not only you have real live problems,everyone does.It's all part of life.Al was going to die,he knew it and never cried the blues as you have.He still lived his life to the fullest and was always there to help others.

Also remember a lot of people in here are older than you and not your teenage students,you seem to forget that at times.

Knowing you, you'll probably delete this post because you don't like when people stand up to you.I've done it 20 for 20 years with others in SOH.

Don't worry Rami I'll be spending some quality time with my family and going away for awhile on vacation as I mentioned earlier, which means you won't have to put up with me. Doesn't that make you so happy?

Hiede
    Hiede,

A simple note of understanding would have gone a long way here. Yes, I understand your struggles. But no, I think I'll leave this up for a while. I do hope you have fair winds and calm seas on your journey.
    "Rami"

Rami, just a note to let you know I am thinking of you with all your present problems. Very best wishes to you and the sunshine is just around the corner, even when you think you have a target on your back! Graham.

Members who have read this thread: 2