44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

Well Rami there were 8 that has already responded and I picked 5 of them to try the missions.This done even before you responded you wanted a crack or two at it.Did you expect to get them just because you wanted them?It doesn't work that way.You weren't on the list of 5 because they responded before you.You have to wait like everyone else until it is released.

About real life.

Did you forget who took care of Al for all those years until he passed away.How about when his wife passed away in his arms and she was only 27 and they had an 18 month old girl.He was devastated when his next wife and his daughter were killed in a car accident.Who helped him through it?

I was there when he had his stroke,had back surgery and the times he was recovering from the injuries caused by him helping to find survivors from the 9/11 twin towers plane crashes.That also meant he had to pull dead bodies out of the rubble,I also lost my husband because of that.They were never the same after that.

I lost my husband when I was 25 and pregnant and had our daughter a month after I was 26.A single mom but thankfully Al and his wife were there to help.I also have a drug addicted brother that constantly disappears and has been in rehab countless times with no effect.My father was an alcoholic but is trying to straighten his life out.

So you remember me disappearing for 2 years?Part of the reason was my daughter was pushed down the stairs at school.She was in a coma,broke her leg,arm and cracked 3 ribs.She missed so much school she had to repeat that school year.

The only things I posted about was my husband passing because he did a lot for CFS2 in the beginning.I also posted about Al when he was ill so people knew he wasn't going to be around for awhile and he would not say anything in the forums.When he passed away I thought everyone should know because he had friends and people he respected here.

So not only you have real live problems,everyone does.It's all part of life.Al was going to die,he knew it and never cried the blues as you have.He still lived his life to the fullest and was always there to help others.

Also remember a lot of people in here are older than you and not your teenage students,you seem to forget that at times.

Knowing you,you'll probably delete this post because you don't like when people stand up to you.I've done it 20 for 20 years with others in SOH.

Don't worry Rami I'll be spending some quality time with my family and going away for awhile on vacation as I mentioned earlier,which means you won't have to put up with me.Doesn't that make you so happy?

Hiede

Icon28 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Well Rami there were 8 that has already responded and I picked 5 of them to try the missions.This done even before you responded you wanted a crack or two at it.Did you expect to get them just because you wanted them?It doesn't work that way.You weren't on the list of 5 because they responded before you.You have to wait like everyone else until it is released.

About real life.

Did you forget who took care of Al for all those years until he passed away.How about when his wife passed away in his arms and she was only 27 and they had an 18 month old girl.He was devastated when his next wife and his daughter were killed in a car accident.Who helped him through it?

I was there when he had his stroke,had back surgery and the times he was recovering from the injuries caused by him helping to find survivors from the 9/11 twin towers plane crashes.That also meant he had to pull dead bodies out of the rubble,I also lost my husband because of that.They were never the same after that.

I lost my husband when I was 25 and pregnant and had our daughter a month after I was 26.A single mom but thankfully Al and his wife were there to help.I also have a drug addicted brother that constantly disappears and has been in rehab countless times with no effect.My father was an alcoholic but is trying to straighten his life out.

So you remember me disappearing for 2 years?Part of the reason was my daughter was pushed down the stairs at school.She was in a coma,broke her leg,arm and cracked 3 ribs.She missed so much school she had to repeat that school year.

The only things I posted about was my husband passing because he did a lot for CFS2 in the beginning.I also posted about Al when he was ill so people knew he wasn't going to be around for awhile and he would not say anything in the forums.When he passed away I thought everyone should know because he had friends and people he respected here.

So not only you have real live problems,everyone does.It's all part of life.Al was going to die,he knew it and never cried the blues as you have.He still lived his life to the fullest and was always there to help others.

Also remember a lot of people in here are older than you and not your teenage students,you seem to forget that at times.

Knowing you, you'll probably delete this post because you don't like when people stand up to you.I've done it 20 for 20 years with others in SOH.

Don't worry Rami I'll be spending some quality time with my family and going away for awhile on vacation as I mentioned earlier, which means you won't have to put up with me. Doesn't that make you so happy?

Hiede
    Hiede,

A simple note of understanding would have gone a long way here. Yes, I understand your struggles. But no, I think I'll leave this up for a while. I do hope you have fair winds and calm seas on your journey.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami, just a note to let you know I am thinking of you with all your present problems. Very best wishes to you and the sunshine is just around the corner, even when you think you have a target on your back! Graham.

Rami,

You are the one that got offended when there was no intent meant that way.As stated before you even came into the thread,the 5 had already had it sent to them.There was no criteria or anything like that,I just picked people I knew liked Al's work.

You want understanding don't get aggressive like you did.I know about your struggles and surgery.After all I do read the posts in here.

Hiede

I was away from home working last week, installed the missions over the weekend and now started flying them.
    The landplane Zeros intially kept me too busy to take pictures, but I was able to take a few while going after the floatplanes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg   05.jpg  

I'm betting all the money in my pocket that neither member meant any offence in their original posts, having gotten to know you both, this thread seemed to go astray from misunderstanding. I hope amends can be made, as I am always the peace-maker. I do agree that what makes SOH such a great site is that while everyone has lives that should and must take priority over CFS2 and SOH, we also all have compassion for what others are going through.

Hiede and Rami, I know I speak for all here at SOH when I say we appreciate what both of you do for our little community, as well as the time you sacrifice even when life gets in the way.

Rami, so glad to have you back, you've been missed the past few months, and I'm anxiously awaiting your input on all the great things that have been happening with CFS2 recently. Hiede and her son have been keeping us busy with some great new additions and updates, it's been a lot of fun.

A dawn take-off...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44FS_msn7_dawn_takeoff.jpg  

... and mission assembly over Ironbottom Sound...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44FS_msn7_heading_out.jpg  

I'd be jumping out too if I was him. This was my face in the cockpit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumper.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	90815

Cheers
    Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    I'd be jumping out too if I was him. This was my face in the cockpit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumper.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	90815

Cheers
    Aussie
    Aussie,

You know you're supposed to release the drop tank when you go into combat don't you?

Hiede

Hi Hiede,

Yes, I am aware but what I do could hardly be classified as combat. I normally would try to drop it on something.

So far everything has been going well with the missions, they are very well designed. The issue I did notice, wasn't anything to do with the missions but the scenery itself. When I finish the mission and attempt a landing and warp to short final the game would CTD. I overcame that issue by using the 4GB 32-bit program patch. I'm assuming UT uses it because my system is only new and is powerful enough to handle most anything.

Cheers
    Aussie

Aussie,

Yes, using the 4GB patch on the cfs2 exe is SOP for me, it's really the only way to get complex missions/scenery etc. to work acceptably.

The game's original Windows XP(?) RAM limit causes limitations in all sorts of ways...

Here's the link for those that need it

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=9735

UncleTgt
    4gb patch once only in each theater install? I thought it might be someting for the OS, period.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    UncleTgt4gb patch once only in each theater install? I thought it might be someting for the OS, period.
    You run the 4GB patch to modify the cfs2.exe. Once you have a modified cfs2.exe, just copy it into each of your installs.If you have a base install you use as "mother" when creating a new install, modify the cfs2.exe in this install & you'll never forget to do it in the future.The patch just allows the cfs2.exe to see (and therefore use) more than the original RAM limit set by the (old) OS it was created to run on.Access to more RAM means more objects/mission details etc.

Thank you, UT! I will give this a try.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Got it , UT,thanks

Blog Entries
    I agree with the 4gb patch. I wasn’t aware people here was using it besides myself but it really does make a big difference for most people. You can use the patch on nearly all your favorite games if you play other games as well. Some people might play both CFS2 and 3 or other combat flight sims and one patch to each game executable is a difference maker.

Couple more sceenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44FS_Msn16_Nisshin_at_Rekata.jpg   44FS_Msn17_Furball_over_Russells.jpg  

Someone want to guide me thru where to find the cfs2 file and how to apply the 4 gb patch ? Losing it!

Choose a CFS2 install.
    Put the 4GB patch file in the main CFS2 folder.

IIRC
    Double click on the patch & point it to the CFS2 prog icon. It should run very quickly, you'll get a pop up telling you it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Couple more sceenshots
    UT,

Seems are really enjoying this campaign.My son is updating The USMC 43 with some new missions from what I understand.

Hiede

Thanks UT. I thought so but didnt want to mess anything up after all my work!

Finally got this up and running. Got a couple of Vals. Need to tweak my scenerey, Also my Fraps not working as I remember. Anyway finally going. Thanks Hiede and crew.
    Can't get my emojis to post now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Finally got this up and running. Got a couple of Vals. Need to tweak my scenerey, Also my Fraps not working as I remember. Anyway finally going. Thanks Hiede and crew.
    Can't get my emojis to post now for some reason.
    Glad you got it all set and having some fun.

Hiede

Still working my way through these missions... and having a lot of fun doing so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44FS_Msn20_Rufekill nr3.jpg   44FS_msn21_Munda_strike1.jpg   44FS_Msn21_Munda_strike3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2