MVG Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (V.01)

Thread: MVG Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (V.01)

MVG Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero (V.01)

I recently installed this nice aircraft into my Med install and used the conversion kit by Fani. Works fine but No 3 engine will not start. I used AirEd to change the number of engines from 2? to 3, but no go. Anyone else have this issue?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I remember making an attempt at getting this one to work. I failed with the same issue, and gave up, but that was years ago when I had less patience and know-how. Might try again myself.

Thanks Scooby. Let me know if you have success, nothing I'm doing works..
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Blog Entries
    Question is the engine turning over or is it doing nothing no prop rotation. It’s possible that three engines are running but that’s not where the engine is or so it thinks. You could put four engines in the Zero and it would all be located in one spot. Sounds like the conversation wasn’t the top of the line type of conversation or in other words it forgot something.

One and two start right up, but No.3 does not turn a blade DW. But it will take off and fly like all three are running!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    One and two start right up, but No.3 does not turn a blade DW. But it will take off and fly like all three are running!
    Your not going to fix it by airfile. Sounds to me a mdl.issue. I know that sucks and I’m sure it’s the Cindy Crawford of airplanes but this one needs a peak at by these aircraft modders the ones that do the modals themselves. Basically these modals these air files they should work together with each other but in this case nothing is telling it there should be a engine where that one is or the animations are not set up for it so it’s running but appears not to be. It might be running at the right place or someplace else one way is check exhaust smoke at startup if that’s shows up in the right place then it’s strictly animation issue. How do I know all this stuff? I don’t but I did stay at the Holiday Express Inn last night.

Stoney,

Have you tried opening the mdl in MCX and playing the animation? That will let you know if No.3 prop has been animated or not.

Cheers
    Aussie

Stoney.... use an airfile that supports 3 engines... grab the one from the ford trimotor cfs2 version, just to try out.

Cheers mav

Members who have read this thread: 2