ATR 42/72 Released

Thread: ATR 42/72 Released

ATR 42/72 Released

The new ATR 42/72 was released yesterday, what a fantastic model. In my opinion, it rivals the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in many ways. The Devs had direct access to data from ATR who I understand were very helpful on things. This model flies as good as it looks. Best part is, it was only $12 and some change on Marketplace (limited time offer). I am impressed!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8597).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	90549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8600).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	90550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8608).jpg 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	90551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8613).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	90552

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    The new ATR 42/72 was released yesterday, what a fantastic model. In my opinion, it rivals the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in many ways. The Devs had direct access to data from ATR who I understand were very helpful on things. This model flies as good as it looks. Best part is, it was only $12 and some change on Marketplace (limited time offer). I am impressed!

Name:	Screenshot (8597).jpg 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	90549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8600).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	90550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8608).jpg 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	90551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8613).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	90552
    I grabbed it late last night, but have not flown it yet. I'll be doing that today. I did look at it in My Hangar, and it is beautiful. This will be the 6th sim I have had the 42/72s in. Thanks for the feedback, Storm!

Don BP

buyed and installed !

Name:	20230426 ATR42-600 NTTH2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	90553
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

No manual with it & glass cockpit takes a bit of learning.
    Highly recommend you check out the various YT videos popping up.
    Jonathan Beckett's are helpful.
    T13

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    No manual with it & glass cockpit takes a bit of learning.
    Highly recommend you check out the various YT videos popping up.
    Jonathan Beckett's are helpful.
    T13
    Yeah, I agree but once you start to explore it, it's very intuitive and the flows become natural. This model has some excellent coding in it and I understand there is more to come on future updates. As for the lack of the manual, I am prone to migraines staring at screens for too long which includes PDF files and such. I am grateful for those who di the tutorial videos and the ones done for this model are well done and too the point. I am actually studying them now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    Our in-house NZ ATR pilot has made a series of YT clips which may be of help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x78A...1LVfuy&index=1

I just want to know how to open the door

Because of those videos, I managed to stumble my way through a Cold and Dark setup/startup and fly from KILM to KCLT this evening, the model flew great, no issues. This is the best turboprop model I have flown in this sim so far. Still learning a few things but getting their quickly. I can see myself going back to this model over and over again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Plenty of liveries arriving on .to.
    Looking for Aer Lingus & Loganair, [both operating out of Manchester IRL, on YT Live at the moment, 7.39am EST]
    T43

Flightsim.to has about 80 repaints already. They do have a couple of Aer Lingus aircraft.

Don BP

Ok then, 'a new glass cockpit' for the -600 model, so that means 5 iPad's to look at while flying the plane. Nice.

From FS95 onwards we have had a variety of ATR42/72 models to virtually enjoy. Heck i even created a freeware one myself which was great fun because i was in contact with an AA ATR42 second pilot during the whole process (how are you Terry ? Still here by any chance ?... ) The real -600 model was still on the drawing board of course. That's why we got to fly the -300 and -500 models with this :

Not hard to imagine i got very much hooked on that particular cockpit. In my FS book one of the most (if not THE most) good looking and appealing regional airliner cockpits.

Dissapointed that the dev this time went for the -600 model ?... Absolutely! But understandable because of a ton less work and headache of course. I'm thinking of buying it anyway because i fell in love with the ATR (when you create something you're totally unfamiliar with you simply can't help falling in love with it during the process) but it will be a lot of make do for me looking at those 5 iPad's instead of that gorgeous panel i got so used to.

I remember that freak accident that happened , I think it was in Italy , because maintenance accidentely swapped the fuel gauge from a 42 with one from a 72.
    I gotta agree though , A classic version would have been nice .

Members who have read this thread: 0