USMC Aces with new Uncle Tgt scenery

Thread: USMC Aces with new Uncle Tgt scenery

I just uploaded this,hopefully it will be approved soon.

It's an update of the USMC Aces Campaign done by Talon years ago.It has the new Guadalcanal scenery. It also has some new ships and planes added.

Hiede

Hiede....

... Thank You ! in advance and I am sure it will be approved and posted.

Looking forward to the update.I go back and fly those missions regulary!!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is the Campaign USMC Aces Talon did updated with the new scenery by Uncle Tgt.A few different planes and ships are used but other wise it is the same.

Both TheBookie and my son worked on it.

You need to install-87_Days_of_Cactus_Campaign_2022 By Captain Kurt.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USMC Aces with new Uncle Tgt scenery
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This one is gonna be great. Big thanks to you and your son Heide, this is a huge effort. I can't think of another campaign I wanted to see updated more than this one with new scenery. UT's scenery will really bring it to life.

Well done!

This is just great! Thanks very much.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Forgot The Bookie in my thanks. Great job gang. I've only flown two missions, but this is a very welcome update. UncleTgt has released some great new SWP scenery, it will be great to see some of my favorite campaigns "re-told" with the new scenery. So far USMC Aces looks excellent.

Thanks very much Hiede, TheBookie and to your son, greatly appreciated everyone.

Cheers
    Aussie

Hello Heide
    Thanks very much Hiede, your son and TheBookie for this set.
    And of course Al, for his original work.

Cheers
    Stuart

Thank you to all involved. I have some appreciation of the hours necessary to bring this about, so congrats!

Hopefully your son found the experience inspiring enough that he may continue to create some of his own in the future

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Thank you to all involved. I have some appreciation of the hours necessary to bring this about, so congrats!

Hopefully your son found the experience inspiring enough that he may continue to create some of his own in the future
    My son has written his own missions and they have been uploaded.He wrote Missions for the Midway package and didn't so any of the updating of the AF+=Midway missions and he wrote most of The Big E missions only using his uncles for reference.

As for updating the Solomons missions and campaigns he was asked to help because it was a big job.

You seem to forget all those years ago Rami only updated missions with the newer planes and such.He did it for a long time and no one said anything in the forums that he should do his own.

It doesn't really matter now because I'm not going to be around much anymore.I also don't have permission to upload the other 4 or 5 campaigns that have been updated for Guadalcanal that TheBookie and my son worked on.

Hiede

Hiede

My post was only a thank you, plus encouragement to your son to continue mission writing - if it came across as anything else, I apologise.

Maybe I should not say anything

Heide
    Finally getting around to get this ready and in the dp replacement file , Akemi mz-a6m3 is called out but it is not in the aircraft list that I see. Also, which version of the F1m2 pete? The airfile only named "f1m2" and does not match any of Yashico's airfiles. I made the change in my install which is a YSF1M2b but others may not know how. Im a ways yet from getting everything done. Can't wait to check it out. Flown Talon's original missions more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Heide
    Finally getting around to get this ready and in the dp replacement file , Akemi mz-a6m3 is called out but it is not in the aircraft list that I see. Also, which version of the F1m2 pete? The airfile only named "f1m2" and does not match any of Yashico's airfiles. I made the change in my install which is a YSF1M2b but others may not know how. Im a ways yet from getting everything done. Can't wait to check it out. Flown Talon's original missions more than once.
    Highpockets

There is another F1m2 Pete here at SOH that's not by Yashico,it's an old model.The Akemi mz-a6m3 was probably put in by accident.I don't do the missions and my son and TheBookie did the readme.

Hiede

Thanks Heide
    I will find that Pete and take a peek at the missions to see if the am63 is in there!

Heide
    No am63m. Did find the "Pete."
    You were right --old--2001 from SOH restoration project.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=highpockets;1313147]Heide
    No am63m. Did find the "Pete."
    You were right --old--2001 from SOH restoration project.[/QUOTE

Highpockets:

UT has a great set of updates for the a6m3 in the Japanese skins area. There are two sets of this model.

Braveheart

braveheart
    Thanks for info, however the am63 is not in this particular set missions. UT has MANY great skins!!!

Icon22 Reply...

Hiede,

Many thanks for this overhaul of Talon's work to incorporate all of this new scenery. Well done!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 1