Downloading Downloading - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading Downloading

Success today everything updated and ready to fly. Don't have time to right now. Going to use Tom's flight plan early tomorrow morning.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Due to the weather I changed the flight plan. KEYW Key West International to 7FA1 Sugar Loaf Shores. Short trip

I loaded up early am prior to the sunrise. Kind of strange having this weird night vision.

While I was waiting I noticed someone walk around the plane. The poor guy waited out there for a long time.

As dawn started to break I did a last check on the controllers and discovered my Throttle, Prop, and Mixture levers were all backwards. Opps had to head off to the control section and fix that.

With Dawn fast approaching I checked the control surfaces one more time. Of course with the help of the ground crew who is still waiting patiently.

With everything seemingly in its proper place and the morning sun streaming into the cockpit it was time to fire up the engine and contact the tower for departure.

Safely off the ground, the take off was a little squirrely.

I flew past the old Navel Airstation maybe a little too close. Just a few minutes after passing the base I noticed a FA18E just to my right and in front of me. AH well it will not be the first time I violated an airspace.

This was a short trip just to get myself acquainted with the newest simulator. On the ground safe but an ugly landing. The next thing I need to work on is changing the eye point. I feel as I am sitting too low in the cockpit and I could not shift to the side to look around the nose.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Those new weather effects in this sim can cause some jumpy take-offs and landings .
    I guess you need to get used to them .

Also , hitting ALT-SPACE will give you an instant higher view point.
    Last edited by Spook48; April 20th, 2023 at 09:03.

The weird night vision is supposed to be a torch. It's set to automatic by default but you can turn it off in the options and assign a button to it if you want to.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

You can also use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to change your eyepoint. Once you find the point you like, press Ctrl+Alt 1 to assign a camera to that angle. After that you can just press Alt 1 to immediately jump to that eyepoint. You can also press the spacebar to get a higher viewpoint when you have a high AOA during landings, etc.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Left Alt + L = will toggle the torch (flashlight) on/off.

I have a replacement flashlight effect in the downloads section here. I made it a dimmer red like you might use in the real world to preserve night vision. Just drop the folder into your Community folder. Surprisingly, it still works well after all the updates that have come out.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1