May the Dark Side Be With You?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May the Dark Side Be With You?

May the Dark Side Be With You?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...fighter/586492

I wonder just how long it will take for Disney to shut this down...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Is that the Captain one?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

This is a must buy for me. The prop disks and FM are better than anything released so far in MSFS. I have to stop flying it now. They are here with my medications.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Happend it did. Finally it is. Lost in space Sim Captain is.

Feel for it i do.

Childern are many now Xbox toy arcade it is.

Money it needs. Make childern happy it will.

In a galaxy far far away luckily it is.

Whises are best,
    Yoda

If it had a Tie Fighter cockpit, I would buy it and fly it. Knowing them, they wouldn't even use the F-18 cockpit for a sub, they would use the Cessna Caravan cockpit.

"Good people of the galaxy, I come before you today to speak about a matter that concerns us all. The Empire has long claimed ownership over many things, including their Tie Fighters. But I say to you today that this is not right.

The Empire has fallen to the power of the Dark Side of the Force, and as such, they have lost their way. They have lost sight of what is truly important in this galaxy - freedom, justice, and equality for all.

So I ask you today - why should we allow them to continue to hold onto something that they no longer deserve? Why should we allow them to continue to profit off of something that they have corrupted?

It is time for us to take back what is rightfully ours. It is time for us to stand up against tyranny and oppression. It is time for us to use their own intellectual property against them.

Thank you."

-- Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or maybe Bing's AI bot

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    If it had a Tie Fighter cockpit, I would buy it and fly it. Knowing them, they wouldn't even use the F-18 cockpit for a sub, they would use the Cessna Caravan cockpit.
    It actually has a Tie-Fighter virtual cockpit, according to the screenshots on the store.

Yeah, but the VC readouts are totally based on the Aleph-class TIE starfighter, while the VC and exterior are clearly a TIE/LN starfighter.

https://captainsim.net/ Personally, I have very mixed feelings.I know that some people dont "fly" but "play" in MSFS using pads and XBox but I don't think it's even worth sticking it as a something new

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

What's the parking code? GA or Military Combat?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    What's the parking code?
    UN (Utter Nonsense)

2 Years ago already : https://eggman28.itch.io/flight-sim-star-wars-ships

What else is new. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Reminds me of the FSX days when there was the Starship Enterprise and the Jupiter 2. The Jupiter was kind of fun.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    "Good people of the galaxy, I come before you today to speak about a matter that concerns us all. The Empire has long claimed ownership over many things, including their Tie Fighters. But I say to you today that this is not right.The Empire has fallen to the power of the Dark Side of the Force, and as such, they have lost their way. They have lost sight of what is truly important in this galaxy - freedom, justice, and equality for all.So I ask you today - why should we allow them to continue to hold onto something that they no longer deserve? Why should we allow them to continue to profit off of something that they have corrupted?It is time for us to take back what is rightfully ours. It is time for us to stand up against tyranny and oppression. It is time for us to use their own intellectual property against them.Thank you." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or maybe Bing's AI bot
    Huh? What? Kenobi? I thought Ron Desantas originally wrote this.

A guy on the flightsimulator.com forums reported CS to Disney yesterday, and today the TIE fighter has been removed from the CS online shop.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    A guy on the flightsimulator.com forums reported CS to Disney yesterday, and today the TIE fighter has been removed from the CS online shop.

Another nonsense. Well done "he".
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't see much difference between this and that silly Halo thing from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I don't see much difference between this and that silly Halo thing from last year.
    Microsoft actually put some effort into that one, this TIE fighter looks like they just bought a model from turbosquid or something and did the bare minimum to get it up and running in MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    ...but I don't think it's even worth sticking it as a something new
    Agreed - especially considering the possible liability for promoting the copyright infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    He wasn't the only one.

I've been a lifelong fan of the Star Wars franchise. I even like Jar Jar. So it kinda ticked me off when this came out. I haven't seen anything this blatant in a long time.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    UN (Utter Nonsense)
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hah. That took longer than I thought it would.

This kind of stuff is fun as freeware. I'd still love to see, say, a Star Trek shuttlecraft. But charging money for it is a no-no. These companies will generally look the other way when it comes to free fan content. For instance, both Disney/Lucas and Paramount have policies that allow short fan films, etc. as long as they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Microsoft owns the intellectual property for Halo.

CaptainSim does not own the intellectual property for Star Wars. If they did, they'd probably be able to afford to hire someone to build a cockpit for the C-130.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    CaptainSim does not own the intellectual property for Star Wars. If they did, they'd probably be able to afford to hire someone to build a cockpit for the C-130.
    Yeah, but the digital effects would be horrible!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Captain Dim is just not very bright...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

With its demise, the Thailand Fighter is certain to become a Star Wars collector item. I was thinking we were going to see American, and United Airlines liveries on flightsim.to soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0