Input needed - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Input needed

Library Staff
    Seasons Greetings and good health for the New Year Greg!

Glad you're progressing with the missions. Did you get the Surabaya scenery sorted out?

Cheers,
    Kevin

[QUOTE=kdriver;1325586]Seasons Greetings and good health for the New Year Greg!

Glad you're progressing with the missions. Did you get the Surabaya scenery sorted out?

Cheers,
    Kevin[/QUOTE

Yes, it is all sorted out, Kevin. I had some excellent guidance in finding just what I needed.

Progressing, like trench warfare I have TBF and F6F-5N versions of one of the first carrier-based raids on Japan home island since the Doolittle Raid - a nighttime strike on the Japanese airbase just east of Tokyo on Cape Nojima.

I was working from the old mission, updating ships and acft as usual, but ran into a problem. The originals won't re-save even when no changes are made to them. Thus leaving me to rebuild from scratch. At least I can pull a layout and other info from the original to use as a guide. It's just a bit more time consuming

I am also working at getting a little stronger each day... And may You and all others here at SOH, CFS2 Forum have a joyous Holiday Season and a prosperous New Year.

Cheers:

SW07
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; December 19th, 2023 at 19:52.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Keep getting better sir. Happy new year to you and family.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    I hope you Shadow Wolf and all others at SOH, CFS2 Forum a good health and a Happy new year to you and family.
    Cheers
    Beepee

I hope you get well again, Greg.
    Thanks for all the updates on your campaign progress.

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    I hope you get well again, Greg.
    Thanks for all the updates on your campaign progress.
    You are welcome. I just finished the re-build of the Cape Nojima F6F-5N mission and am going to convert it to the TBF version next. I'm not too tired, so I will work some tonight and finish up tomorrow.

Cheers
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Update: Final mission building

Finishing up my next to last mission now - a night intercept mission. The last one will be an anti-Kamikaze intercept. After that I will go back to mission one and flight test each one and fine-tune where necessary. And yes, I'll finally post some screenshots.

This one is to be an auto-loader as it would take way too long to download and install all the parts individually. Once I have that together, I'll put out a call for volunteer testers.

Cheers:

Shadow Wolf 07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I've started the test flying of al missions tonight and took a few screenshots. This mission is a "what if," based on a relief of Wake Island attempt in DEC 41. There were a few minor issues to iron out but the mission checks out okay.

I used up too much ammo, engaging enemy landing craft and didn't have enough remaining to successfully engage the Japanese bombers which may randomly spawn in the mission. Too much time spent building and not flying. My flight, strafing and bombing skills could use some sharpening. I'll get better as the testing proceeds.

Note: Today would have been the 103rd birthday of the soldier/war hero in the photograph... my Dad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs2 2024-01-11 19-24-44-47.jpg   cfs2 2024-01-11 20-05-54-20.jpg   cfs2 2024-01-11 20-07-24-22.jpg   MyFavoriteVet.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Happy 103 birthday soldier, hero, dad.

Shadow Wolf,

Are you using the Wildcat,F4F-3 by Captain Kurt?If so the dp file is wrong for ammo for the guns.He used the dp for the F4F-4 by mistake which had 240 rounds per gun which is 1440 rounds while the F4F-3 should have 450 rounds per gun which comes out to 1800 rounds.

I told him about this after my son told me,don't know if he changed it in the download or not.

Just trying to be helpful.

Hiede

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    I've started the test flying of al missions tonight and took a few screenshots. This mission is a "what if," based on a relief of Wake Island attempt in DEC 41. There were a few minor issues to iron out but the mission checks out okay.

I used up too much ammo, engaging enemy landing craft and didn't have enough remaining to successfully engage the Japanese bombers which may randomly spawn in the mission. Too much time spent building and not flying. My flight, strafing and bombing skills could use some sharpening. I'll get better as the testing proceeds.

Note: Today would have been the 103rd birthday of the soldier/war hero in the photograph... my Dad.
    Hi Greg
    Great Picture of your Dad.
    Hero!
    Cheers
    Stuart

PS My Dad would be 103 years old as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Shadow Wolf,

Are you using the Wildcat,F4F-3 by Captain Kurt?If so the dp file is wrong for ammo for the guns.He used the dp for the F4F-4 by mistake which had 240 rounds per gun which is 1440 rounds while the F4F-3 should have 450 rounds per gun which comes out to 1800 rounds.

I told him about this after my son told me,don't know if he changed it in the download or not.

Just trying to be helpful.

Hiede
    Thanks for the heads-up. Mine has 240 rds/gun for a total of 960 bullets. I could hand edit the dp myself, but I will look for a "fixed" version, in case something else needed changing.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon15 Update

Since my last posting I've been quite lazy as far as cfs2 is concerned. With a 3-day stay in the hospital (I had stroke-like symptoms, but no stroke, thank God). I've only test flown and fixed 5 missions but tonight I'll be back into it again! With my long break from flying I have to sharpen my maneuvers, carrier landing, bombing and gunnery skills.

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Greg

Take your time. It's just a hobby - health is everything

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Greg

Take your time. It's just a hobby - health is everything
    Yes UT, but it is satisfying and fun. I enjoy doing the mods and frankly, it helps to maintain my sanity.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 51