RAF Lakenheath on Marketplace

Thread: RAF Lakenheath on Marketplace

RAF Lakenheath on Marketplace

RAF Lakenheath published on Marketplace
    How is it better than the free version?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi Zsolt I haven't looked at the Marketplace yet today.

However, the remaining EGUL file on .to seems to have been renamed and has a different creator title to that before.

If Ian has decided to convert his masterpiece to pay-ware then good on him I say !!

Like you though, if it is his model it would be interesting to know whether it has been upgraded from the freeware that we all have currently.

Payware vs freeware version:
    - New ground textures and ground poly
    - Updated and improved night lighting
    - Added some new models and objects
    - Added much more clutter around the base
    - Requires the UK world update for the terrain mesh

Future updates will include:
    - Adding the F-35's, buildings and shelters once they are complete and sufficient resources are available
    - Updating and optimizing all current objects in preparation for nearby Mildenhall which I will be developing next year
    - Making a custom runway approach lighting system

The difference to the freeware version is he is being bound to solve all users issues now, furthermore he is being forced to react to all MSFS or any other system updates to have a still running scenery. Not as complicated as aircraft, but if you handle animated parts or something, you will have to have always an eye on your addon.
    I have great regard for Ian and I am really looking forward to his next projects. He has so much talent that I am sure there will be lots of great military scenery addons at last for this military sterile MSFS.
    Hope he can deal with this new challenges!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Please keep us informed.
    Best regards, Manfred.

bound to solve all users issues now, furthermore he is being forced to react to all MSFS or any other system updates
    Just like all the other marketplace vendors do ...

Just purchased a copy. It is good to see a military airfield in the sim.

I have noticed though that none of the aircraft are armed. I assume that this is a Microsoft requirement for sale on the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post

I have noticed though that none of the aircraft are armed. I assume that this is a Microsoft requirement for sale on the marketplace.
    Ah, okay. And how do they advertise the air base? "A nice place for sight seeing?" "Come and enjoy the first non-real military air base?"

Microsoft praises itself to simulate the real world, but they don't.
    Military aircraft - armed military aircraft - are also part of the real world!
    Sorry, but as long as they refuse to represent the real real world, I stay with P3D.
    There I already have a fantastic Lakenheath with fantastic AI aircraft in an almost fantastic real world.

I really hope MS will not prevent serious developer from actualizing the true aircraft which are based at EGUL and the original aircraft can be removed...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Just like all the other marketplace vendors do ...
    Just like all other marketplace vendors HAVE to do
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Ah, okay. And how do they advertise the air base? "A nice place for sight seeing?" "Come and enjoy the first non-real military air base?"

Microsoft praises itself to simulate the real world, but they don't.
    Military aircraft - armed military aircraft - are also part of the real world!
    Sorry, but as long as they refuse to represent the real real world, I stay with P3D.
    There I already have a fantastic Lakenheath with fantastic AI aircraft in an almost fantastic real world.

I really hope MS will not prevent serious developer from actualizing the true aircraft which are based at EGUL and the original aircraft can be removed...

I agree
    Anyway, fortunately we still have the free MSFS version
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Charter Member 2011
    Not much wrong with that scenery... just needs a few Tornados about the place.
    Beautiful paint, Zsolt.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    And a few F-35's when they are ready!

I purchased it to support Ian for his work. I kicked his freeware version to the curb.

Understandable
    Although unarmed F-15s look bad

Members who have read this thread: 3