5000lb. bomb

Thread: 5000lb. bomb

5000lb. bomb

An ORB for a Halifax mission indicated a load including a "5000lb. HE G.P bomb", however I only see a AvHistory_xx_Cargo_5000lbs weapon for which there is no .dds file in the m3d, and the xdp says

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="" LongName="" ShortName="5000lbs Cargo" ModelName="AvHistory_xx_Cargo_5000lbs.m3d" BlastDamageScale="1" ImpactDamageScale="1" FireDamageScale="1" Priority="1" Type="weapon" EnteredService="01/01/1939" BlastDamageMod="1" ImpactDamageMod="1" FireDamageMod="1" Category="weapon" Country="neutral" Mass="2272.73"/>
    <Description String="5000lbs Cargo"/>
    <Weapon ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="0" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="0" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="1" WeaponType="bomb" BlastRadius="0" ExplodeEffect="__" GroundEffect="__" WaterEffect="__" Drag="0"/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <GunStations/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    <Effects/>
    </UnitData>

Anyone know what this was and if we do have 5K bomb or only the 4k and 8k cookies.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Is it possible this is an error in the ORB? I have never heard of a 5,000lb bomb used by the RAF.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Is it possible this is an error in the ORB? I have never heard of a 5,000lb bomb used by the RAF.
    Tis one way to find out just bout anything whether it's frying chicken, Shopping for Underwear, or weapons of ww2 ole google boy can usually find out fer ya. Try asking chatgpt might learn something new and it will answer straightaway no need to wait until somebody feels like answering you. Might be years so that's not good a tall. Looking at blockbuster bomb mod i have 8'000 and 12,000 ilb bombs the RAF used two 4000 lb bombs fo make the 8000one and four to make the 12000 so they made a 4000 so sounds possible if they be tying stuff together to get a big bang out of it they must like m big I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Most likely as so far I have not found one for RAF WW2, but I wonder what the CFS3 " AvHistory_xx_Cargo_5000lbs" was?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

A cargo loadout for transport aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 0