de Havilland Fox Moth by Flight Replicas

Thread: de Havilland Fox Moth by Flight Replicas

de Havilland Fox Moth by Flight Replicas

The next one and looks really soon.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Perfect for going "Round the Bend"... any other NS fans here?

C

For anyone that doesn't follow Flight Replicas on Facebook, this is a list of the FR projects being focused on this year for MSFS:

- Fox Moth
    - Spitfire
    - Seafire Mk.III
    - DH114 Heron
    - DC-4/C-54
    - Super Cub (bush version)
    - Shark Aero Shark UL.

That’s an interesting list. Excited for the Heron.

but I’m curious about the reason for another Super Cub…

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    For anyone that doesn't follow Flight Replicas on Facebook, this is a list of the FR projects being focused on this year for MSFS:

- Fox Moth
    - Spitfire
    - Seafire Mk.III
    - DH114 Heron
    - DC-4/C-54
    - Super Cub (bush version)
    - Shark Aero Shark UL.
    I do miss the B-24 on that list, and I'm not sure I need another Spit or Cub, but I am very much looking forward to the DC-4 and Heron
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks for posting, Yoyo. The Super Cub is on the list simply because so many have been asking for it, despite all the excellent and free offerings by MSFS. No one more surprised than me, but the requests just keep coming in. And so....The Spitfire is on the list because over the years I've collected a huge number of drawings, and felt it was time to finally put them to use, no matter all the other excellent Spitfires out there. And it's been a really enjoyable experience. There's also a family reason - I felt I owed it to them to do one. The Seafire is because of its history plus the immense challenge of deck landings in a Spitfire/Seafire. Even using the Royal Navy's published procedures, it always an incredibly focusing experience. Can't imagine the skill level it took in real life. Despite being fairly far along, the Heron for MSFS is temporarily on hold, as strangely MSFS hasn't created working gauge code for 4-engined piston aircraft. Throttles, yes, and 2-engined piston and jet aircraft, yes, and 4-engined jets, yes, not a problem, but have to find out how to make RPM and MP gauges that actually work on pistons. This affects the DC-4, as well, naturally. When present project are wrapped up, it'll be on to solving that problem.Fox Moth models are 99.5% done, and then it's on to all the other stuff that has to happen to get them into MSFS. Makes it hard to say exactly when it'll be out at this point.Mike

Nice list. May I ask what mark(s) of Spitfire, or are you keeping that to yourself for now?

Personally Im waiting for Super cub too (tundra tires, ultra package) it was in Ultra edition as I remember for FSX/P3D: https://secure.simmarket.com/flight-...ub-ultra.phtml .
    Last edited by YoYo; April 5th, 2023 at 23:46.

Heron for MSFS is temporarily on hold...but have to find out how to make RPM and MP gauges that actually work on pistons.
    Mike,
    Virtavia seem to have done it for the Stirling (MP and RPM indicate correctly for individual engines when a single lever is moved)?
    And PMDG of course for the DC-6, but they probably use external code.

Really waiting for the Halifax and Liberator, though I guess the Halifax would struggle with both the Stirling and Lancaster released by then...and the Liberator raises the sticky question of Marketplace-only selling - is that still the plan?
    Of the planned aircraft only the Seafire Mk.III with it's cannons would be a marketplace problem (and the Spitfire depending on version).

Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Thanks for posting, Yoyo. The Super Cub is on the list simply because so many have been asking for it, despite all the excellent and free offerings by MSFS. No one more surprised than me, but the requests just keep coming in. And so....The Spitfire is on the list because over the years I've collected a huge number of drawings, and felt it was time to finally put them to use, no matter all the other excellent Spitfires out there. And it's been a really enjoyable experience. There's also a family reason - I felt I owed it to them to do one. The Seafire is because of its history plus the immense challenge of deck landings in a Spitfire/Seafire. Even using the Royal Navy's published procedures, it always an incredibly focusing experience. Can't imagine the skill level it took in real life. Despite being fairly far along, the Heron for MSFS is temporarily on hold, as strangely MSFS hasn't created working gauge code for 4-engined piston aircraft. Throttles, yes, and 2-engined piston and jet aircraft, yes, and 4-engined jets, yes, not a problem, but have to find out how to make RPM and MP gauges that actually work on pistons. This affects the DC-4, as well, naturally. When present project are wrapped up, it'll be on to solving that problem.Fox Moth models are 99.5% done, and then it's on to all the other stuff that has to happen to get them into MSFS. Makes it hard to say exactly when it'll be out at this point.Mike

Thanks for this update - all very exciting and loads to look forward to !

Thus far we haven't seen a Payware versions of the Griffon Spitfires / Seafires. Is there any particular reason for this in your view?

DaveWG: Right now the model is a Mk1a (mid), as it seemed a good idea to create a good base model to work off of - from that starting point, any Mk of Spitfire can be done. For first release, it's likely to be a Mk.V, as there don't seem to be that many available. A Mk.V also meets the base requirements for early Seafires, although of course with differences.Keith: Good to know, and it's really a matter of digging in and getting it done. There's just been a lot going on and time just speeds by. The Liberator and Halifax will very likely find their way into MSFS - once everything else on the list is complete. As with the Super Cub, there have been many requests, especially for the B-24's. collensr: Can't think of any reason why Griffin-engined Spitfires/Seafire haven't been more plentiful. If those are the versions you like, don't worry, I have plans.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    DaveWG: Right now the model is a Mk1a (mid), as it seemed a good idea to create a good base model to work off of - from that starting point, any Mk of Spitfire can be done. For first release, it's likely to be a Mk.V, as there don't seem to be that many available. A Mk.V also meets the base requirements for early Seafires, although of course with differences.Keith: Good to know, and it's really a matter of digging in and getting it done. There's just been a lot going on and time just speeds by. The Liberator and Halifax will very likely find their way into MSFS - once everything else on the list is complete. As with the Super Cub, there have been many requests, especially for the B-24's. collensr: Can't think of any reason why Griffin-engined Spitfires/Seafire haven't been more plentiful. If those are the versions you like, don't worry, I have plans.
    A Mosquito would have been nice.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Mike, I'm very much looking forward to the Seafire III and Spitfire Mk.V! As well as any Griffon-engine series you might do. I'm especially fond of the low-back Mk.XIV and Mk.XVIII in particular.

Members who have read this thread: 3