Chasing Gremlins

Thread: Chasing Gremlins

Question Chasing Gremlins

Well, now I've done it.

Ever since installing some of the Milviz/Blackird freebies, something has changed with my sim. Whenever I take a flight the sim pauses and minimizes to the taskbar as if something is running in the background. I have to call up the Task Manager and direct FSX to maximize and then un-pause to continue my flight. It only happens once on each flight regardless of aircraft. I've never had this issue with any of my prior Milviz installs so I'm totally baffled as to what changed or got overwritten.

Anyone encounter this? Any suggestions? Should I do a total reinstall of the freebie aircraft?

I should mention that a similar issue surfaced in the past and there are several posts in the forum on the subject, but for the life of me I cannot remember the solution.

Thanks in advance.

--WH
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Have You Tried

Since you have the Milviz downloaded uninstall them with the uninstallers NOT just delete them from FSX. Then go fly something else and see what happens without any Milviz/Blackbird aircraft in your sim. I hope that this solves the issue for you. Then if it DOES work again properly, reinstall the Milviz aircraft one at a time and check it each time. It may be just one of them that is the culprit and you just have to live without that one. That advice from a non-expert.

Thanks, but no. Something in the configuration or an overwritten file such as a *.dll is causing the minimizing.

It's not due to the Milviz products. Regardless of which aircraft I select the screen minimizes after a few minutes. It happened once during the loading of the flight, but mostly after the flight is loaded and I'm flying.

My sense is that it occurs only once a day (during the first flight of the day) and not on every flight. Not sure as I haven't been able to do a whole lot of flying of late.

The chase continues....
    -- WH

Not the same problem, but something similar to yours - my FSX freeze during a session when i try to minimize the window at the second time (first time all work as it should (alt+enter) - when i try it again, the sim freeze and i need to close the simulation by using the taskbar (close the window). After a lot of try and error - re-install simconnect and fsuipc, graphic driver and so on - i had the idea to open the dll.xml in the ..../AppData/Roaming /Microsoft/FSX-Folder and edit it with the microsoft editor program. I removed the entry with the MILVIZPACK - title, save the dll and all my problems are solved. Maybe it is worth a try to solve your problem. Forgot to say that the error occurs first time after i had installed and removed some of the milviz freebies via the installer. Not shure which one installed the MILVIZPACK (i have installed my old Milviz free F-15-Package at the same time - so maybe it comes with the eagle package...).

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Not the same problem, but something similar to yours - my FSX freeze during a session when i try to minimize the window at the second time (first time all work as it should (alt+enter) - when i try it again, the sim freeze and i need to close the simulation by using the taskbar (close the window). After a lot of try and error - re-install simconnect and fsuipc, graphic driver and so on - i had the idea to open the dll.xml in the ..../AppData/Roaming /Microsoft/FSX-Folder and edit it with the microsoft editor program. I removed the entry with the MILVIZPACK - title, save the dll and all my problems are solved. Maybe it is worth a try to solve your problem. Forgot to say that the error occurs first time after i had installed and removed some of the milviz freebies via the installer. Not shure which one installed the MILVIZPACK (i have installed my old Milviz free F-15-Package at the same time - so maybe it comes with the eagle package...).
    Thanks for the recommendation. I never had a problem with prior Milviz packages (that I remember), but it's possible the latest freebies I installed might have overwritten the MILVIZPACK.dll file. I'll check it out.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0