AN2 Is Here - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AN2 Is Here

I believe this aeroplane captures everything possible in the FS experience. It is amongst Alex Metzger’s very best FDE work and is a JOY at any price. Unbelievable bargain at this one!

C

This came through under the radar!
    A favorite in P3D, I recall it used to lift all 3 wheels off the ground around 50 kts during take off.
    Only available at the Marketplace?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Only available at the Marketplace?T43
    Yup, Microsoft release only. Well worth a snag, really enjoyed my time with it thus far. Looking forward to seeing what additional liveries people come up with.
    Last edited by thomas_mac; March 22nd, 2023 at 06:36.

I succumbed to temptation - an aircraft of this quality for £8.39 (while still discounted) is extraordinary. Price it low, sell it high - a couple of other developers who've released aircraft in recent days could benefit from such a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper
    I believe this aeroplane captures everything possible in the FS experience. It is amongst Alex Metzger’s very best FDE work and is a JOY at any price. Unbelievable bargain at this one!

C
    Did Alex also work on this one? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Or do you mean Andrei Tsvirenko?

This came through under the radar!A favorite in P3D, I recall it used to lift all 3 wheels off the ground around 50 kts during take off.Only available at the Marketplace?T43
    And that it does. Takes very little throttle advance to lift off. Floats forever on approach.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I want to buy it, but nothing happens

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

"Pending" its a know issue in MS Store. You can try log off and log in in MSFS. If it doesnt help - change a password for Windows services (whole). Sametimes just waiting will help (try next day for example).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    And that it does. Takes very little throttle advance to lift off. Floats forever on approach.
    I think probably you want to fly this like a DC-3, get the tail up early on takeoff. Like a DC-3, you probably can fly the tail at zero knots just with slipstream wind, so push the yoke forward as soon as you spool up, and run on the mains for a while. On a long runway I would land 2-point and with no flaps. For short field, I'm not sure if the best technique is to stall it on 3-point or to 2-point it and let the friction of the turf slow it down. In this video a guy plonks it on 2-point, firmly enough that the tailwheel touches down almost immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_dtvqYFqU

But it is possible to plonk it down too hard as this guy proved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-_G8yATYP8

Here, though, is a 3-point takeoff. Well, really a 2-point, but the two points are the tailwheel and one of the mains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwaHWPs9fU

August

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    I want to buy it, but nothing happens

Try starting MSFS, but Not As The Administrator. ie , left click the MSFS screen icon.
    That's the only way I can get the Market place to accept payment.
    T43

Thanks to Tim-HH here's a great read to ease the wait for an official manual. It's by Alexander Metzger himself, the flight dynamics magician of the AN-2.
    (as a side note: he also did the excellent flightmodel for Manfred's C-47 in FSX/P3D)

Thanks Tim !

https://web.archive.org/web/20180921...ide%20V1.1.pdf

Try starting MSFS, but Not As The Administrator. ie , left click the MSFS screen icon.
    That's the only way I can get the Market place to accept payment.
    T43
    This was the solution
    Thank you

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You can say that again, Forest ! WOW!!

Didn't have time for a nightflight yet. Did you know all light tubes can be rotated in any direction ?

Thanks for the mouthwatering screenie !
    I didn't know about the movable light tubes, but I was trying to figure out if those two window fans could be turned on.

Forest

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    -It's...Lord Howe Island. My absolute favorite sim flight testing area. https://auscenes.com/products/lord-h...d-ylhi-msfsCan also be found on Orbx. Might even be in the Marketplace, I have not looked.
    Looks well worth the price on Orbx. I'll pick it up as soon as these updates finish.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Super enjoyable. Really hoping for the following (the black one with the modern GPS avionics, and the Interflug with the standard cockpit).

N4693W

https://imgur.com/a/BlY2ZAV

Interflug
    https://imgur.com/a/ed4rIHb

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    I didn't know about the movable light tubes, but I was trying to figure out if those two window fans could be turned on.

Forest
    Indeed they can. Switch for the left one in the side panel to the left of your seat just by the pneumatics knob. Can't remeber where the right hand fan switch is, but there is one. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Indeed they can. Switch for the left one in the side panel to the left of your seat just by the pneumatics knob. Can't remeber where the right hand fan switch is, but there is one. :-)
    It's behind the right Yoke. Two switches one inop and one for the right fan On/Off. Nice sound (what else is new..), funny enough they didn't apply a typical 'Off' sound, it just fades away... I'm glad that there actually IS a teensy weensy issue to complain about. Wouldn't be natural if it wasn't, wouldn't it.

Btw, i swear i can feel the fans' airflow with my VR helmet on !

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    I didn't know about the movable light tubes
    The're all moveable and their lightbeams move with them but what else is new..

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    It's behind the right Yoke. Two switches one inop and one for the right fan On/Off. Nice sound (what else is new..), funny enough they didn't apply a typical 'Off' sound, it just fades away... I'm glad that there actually IS a teensy weensy issue to complain about. Wouldn't be natural if it wasn't, wouldn't it.

Btw, i swear i can feel the fans' airflow with my VR helmet on !
    Thanks for the information on the location of the left fan switch.
    What I still can't find is the click spot to close the rear cargo doors that open outward. I can open them with the door handles, but once the doors are open, the handles are out of sight.
    I've clicked just about everything trying to get them to close.
    A plane like this really should come with at least a simple manual that explains these little things like the fans and opening and closing doors, who knows how many other things are there that noboby has found yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Thanks for the information on the location of the left fan switch.
    What I still can't find is the click spot to close the rear cargo doors that open outward. I can open them with the door handles, but once the doors are open, the handles are out of sight.
    I've clicked just about everything trying to get them to close.
    When it's open the entry doorhandle can still be clicked from the front of the door, right ? When the cargo door is open you may need to lower your view a bit then you can just see the cargodoor handle up there in the air. Just move your pointer over that aera and the cargo doorhandle will turn blue. Click it and Bob's your uncle i.e. both doors will close.

A plane like this really should come with at least a simple manual that explains these little things like the fans and opening and closing doors, who knows how many other things are there that noboby has found yet?
    True. Then again i think it's part of the fun finding stuff out. Like a computer puzzle game (Myst springs to mind, loved that a lot! ;-) One thing does apply here, the model needs to deffinately be worth the trouble. And if anything is it sure is this AN-2 !

Now I'm puzzled.

I've been having challenges landing Annie as she seemed quite slippery, even with the flaps down.

Then someone on the MSFS Forum suggested that the version with the GNS was OK. Sure enough it seems to behave differently; the flaps have more drag. It looks like the flight model didn't quite get cloned between the two versions, since I can't imagine having a GNS actually makes any difference......

CORRECT- I have written to Alex asking him to take a look- something got bungled. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

C

Finally I fired up An-2 in my MSFS and VR. It blows my mind! Looks awsome, simply.

Mod that makes the default aircraft's drag the same as that of the GNS 530/430 version:

https://flightsim.to/file/52184/atsimulations-microsoft-an-2-ap-flight-model-mod

A good stop-gap remedy until the official fix.

Members who have read this thread: 2