Solomons, Milne Bay

Thread: Solomons, Milne Bay

Solomons, Milne Bay

Just received a few campaigns for my son to try.

All Talon's Guadalcanal Campaigns redone with the UncleTgt Solomons scenery.

A rework and update of the old Milne Bay campaign, plus a few new missions.

Added missions and completion of the Beaufighter campaign Talon started years ago.

CV-5 USS Yorktown from the fast carrier raids to the Coral Sea and her final battle at Midway.

There's 150 to 170 missions.

Hiede

At last! When I started making scenery improvements (way back in 2013), I always hoped that someone would go back through some of the old mission packs & update them to make use of the scenery enhancements.

I'd always avoided the Solomons as I hoped that somebody else would do it, but when Capt Kurt decided to redo the Cactus Airforce missions I couldn't ignore it any longer .

Hiede, I'm thrilled to hear that Talon's body of work has been updated this way

Icon22 Reply...

Hiede and son,

Wonderful, thank you very much!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

That's great news! I have always liked Talon's campaigns, with the new scenery they will be even nicer.
    Thanks for making the effort to update them all.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    At last! When I started making scenery improvements (way back in 2013), I always hoped that someone would go back through some of the old mission packs & update them to make use of the scenery enhancements.

I'd always avoided the Solomons as I hoped that somebody else would do it, but when Capt Kurt decided to redo the Cactus Airforce missions I couldn't ignore it any longer .

Hiede, I'm thrilled to hear that Talon's body of work has been updated this way
    UncleTgt

I nor my son had nothing to do with the updating,it was TheBookie that did all the work.He does it for my son and helps my son with mission building and testing his missions.

Talon had updated the Milne Bay Missions years ago,my son has flown them,but the P-40e by Lindsay Watts was no longer available.Al also used some of your scenery for missions but never uploaded them because he never finished them.

It's ironic that I just got back from Australia a few days ago and these campaigns were sent to me.I was looking at some vintage WWII planes there.This week I go Europe to visit some friends.Mot much time to d/l what is needed for the scenery.

Hiede

Aloha Hiede,

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Australia.

Just finalizing the gauges, 2 and 3D cockpits, sneak peek below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (56).png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	90202

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (57).png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	90203

Cheers
    Aussie