Sterling Service Released on SM 3/22 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sterling Service Released on SM 3/22

Does anybody know what key we have to use for operating the cowl flaps ?

It says so in the manual because engine cooling was handled by the flight engineer. The actual key to operate the cowl flaps is not mentioned though. Wasn't it something with Ctrl/Shift in FSX ?....

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Does anybody know what key we have to use for operating the cowl flaps ?

It says so in the manual because engine cooling was handled by the flight engineer. The actual key to operate the cowl flaps is not mentioned though. Wasn't it something with Ctrl/Shift in FSX ?....

Thanks!
    Ctrl+Shift+V to open

Ctrl+Shift+C to close

Unless there is some special coding like the AFE in the DC-6, of course. Just tested it on the Flying Iron F6F, to be certain.

Ah! Bingo!

Wonderful, thanks Paul !

I just keep exploring dusk and dawn

Screenshot (1412) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1418) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1421) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1433) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1413) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Lovely shots on what is turning out to be wonderful and fun model of a great aircraft from the past. I am really enjoying flying it. BTW, I spoke to Phil briefly to say thanks for his work on the model. He noted more are in the works. Also of note, he's a one man show now so hats off to him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what else arrives. Grummans of various sorts would be welcome!

It’s a shame this was never made a sticky. I hope members of our crew didn’t miss this release. Talk about a stereotypical Sim-Outhouse plane!

I still have two paints I need to upload, I'll do that this weekend

Screenshot (1434) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1419) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Would you like more or are they all the same for you?
    I still want to do an early Mk.I, with the camo extended to the lower parts of the fuselage and the tail, and maybe some with noseart, although I'm having a hard time finding suitable source materials...

It's a pity they did not model the Mk.IV as well, a bit more repaint possibilities, since the others do look more or less the same...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Would you like more or are they all the same for you?.
    The Virtavia Stirling is too overpriced for me, but those who have it might welcome a repaint of MacRobert's Reply - probably the most (only?) famous Stirling.

Sorry I can't find the other emblem on the nose - your sources will be wider than mine.

I still have two paints I need to upload, I'll do that this weekend

Screenshot (1434) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1419) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I still want to do an early Mk.I, with the camo extended to the lower parts of the fuselage and the tail, and maybe some with noseart, although I'm having a hard time finding suitable source materials...

It's a pity they did not model the Mk.IV as well, a bit more repaint possibilities, since the others do look more or less the same...

Beautiful shots JanKees

Please keep them coming as long as you’re enjoying making them! I’ve got them all so far, and I like the way you’ve handled the details on these. They’re my go-tos over the defaults!

I don’t think anyone would object strongly to Mk IV liveries just identified as being adapted to another mark, if you see something cool!

Love this nose art…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F077E86E-474C-49D0-B823-64951E2027B7.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	90230

If it was released anywhere else, I never saw it. It was just released on SimMarket yesterday, so I've edited the OP and it'll stuck for the next two weeks!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks, Tom! I've been flying the heck out if and it has my really psyched for more from Virtavia.

Only real issue I have is that the showcase/camera drone mode view doesn't work properly; haven't ever seen that with another plane. I'm guessing there are view parameters that Virtavia missed? You can't "free fly" the drone, the Showcase view is locked to the plane.

JK - I love it - anything with black and white stripes (Invasion Stripes) in the pipeline ?
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

stripes?

8E-N 01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

8E-N 02 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

@ K5083,

in your post of March 17, you report the Virtavia CH-46 for FSX to Zero Euro!
    But I can't find it, and on Simmmarket it is still at 6 € !!
    Do you have a link?
    THANKS

Alain

-

SOH-CM-2022

Thank you Gavinc, but it's not a full FSX! Alain -

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Thank you Gavinc, but it's not a full FSX! Alain -
    Yes it is - the zip contains both the FSX And FS9 installer. I actually have it working in P3D.

@Gavinc,

-Ah,ok!!!
    Thank you Gavinc!

Alain
    -

Back on subject I finally gave in and bought the Stirling...and I do like it!

Looks good, even/especially in VR (who needs hi-res textures...) and flies nicely most of the time - even good for aerobatics! Managed a few loops, a half-roman, chandelle and barrel roll before finally killing myself and crew in a slow roll!
    Suspect that's somewhat unrealistic apart from the barrel roll, but neither the Pilots Notes nor any cockpit placard forbid aerobatics and it was considered perhaps the most manoeuvrable of heavy bombers
    Also slow speed flight is a bit dodgy and it's easy to get into a side-wards slide on take-off/landing that no real aeroplane could - the manual does give guidance on avoiding this but nothing that is reflected in the Pilots notes so I'm sure it's a combination of known MSFS weirdness and not-yet-finished FDE...

Some interesting navigation integration yet to be investigated, it has more depth than I expected, and potential for some interesting repaints...

Probably over-priced - would have sold more at a lower price probably.

apparently it was able to out-turn Bf-110 and Ju-88 night fighters, so a little aerobatics must be ok I guess

Flight Model Review has done his usual careful and thorough review/revision of the flight model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGPnEtkvBG4

August

I KNEW that as soon as I weakened and bought from Simmarket it would become available elsewhere and for less!
    https://store.flightsim.com/product/...ling-for-msfs/
    $25... but the major pain is that wretched app that now keeps infesting my PC again...

Members who have read this thread: 81