A Couple of BoB Questions

Thread: A Couple of BoB Questions

A Couple of BoB Questions

I have the Battle of Brittain installed. The very 1st RAF mission has me in an AH_Hurricane. As soon as the engine starts it begins rolling to the left in a circle. As I add throttle and twist my joystick hard to the right, NOTHING happens to correct the hard left turn. I am used to the P-40, but it is easily corrected with the rudder control on my joystick. The AH_Hurricane, NOT AT ALL. Any suggestions? Also, when any mission is loading it says it cannot find "villag1, village3, village5; 6;7;8;9, church7" I have checked my install and cannot locate any of those villages, nor the church7. Again, any suggestions? Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Some of the Hurricanes do have fairly useless rudders, so it might be worth checking the .air file - or just fly the Hurricane in freeflight or quick combat, and get an idea of rudder effectiveness. If the rudder isn't doing much in the air then it has no hope of correcting things on the ground. - Then you can decide whether to persevere with the existing settings or adjust the rudder effectiveness a bit in the air file.

Library Staff
    Hi Lee,

Try changing the flight model in settings, see what happens in free flight, then return to your original flight model setting. This has worked for me on one particular aircraft, although I haven't had any problems with the AH Hurricane.

The villages and churches are by Gius: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=25788

Cheers,
    Kevin

Thanks Guys, I may go into settings and tell it to autorudder. That has helped in the past with some models. I wouldn't know how to adjust the rudder settings in the air file. The other option would be to find a Hurricane I like and just modify the campaign missions to use the one I like better. Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Devildog,

Kdriver makes a good point. Try the A/C in easy flight model in Free Flight. The easy model negates any engine torqueing on the ground as well as in the air. If the problem goes away then it's probably something in the Air file.

In Med or Hard flight model, does the rudder issue disappear after the Hurricane has left the ground? If it does, then it may be something in your setup triggering the left wheel brake. If not, then finding a good working Hurricane then editing the campaign/mission files is probably the best way to go if you do not wish to try adjusting the Air file itself.

I switched to Thicko's Hurricane MK 1. Much better. It still pulls left upon engine start, but my rudder control straightens it out similar to my P-40 experience. I will look at the air file in aired and see what the values in each is and change the AH Hurricane to match Thicko's.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Both Hurricanes are great in their own way.

I had the same issue with the AH MkI, and also switched to Thicko's model. It had the added benefit of being a little easier on the frame rates. I prefer the visuals of the AH model, and recently tried using Thicko's air file in an AH MkI, and it seemed to correct the issue for me.

Icon22 Reply...

Devildog73,

Good to see you back around!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0