MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MILVIZ/Blackbird News !!!

SOH-CM-2020
    I've been in touch with one of the guys at Blackbird Sims regarding the PC-6 for FSX.

Here's his reply ....

" Lots of stuff may or may not be listed on the freebies page but if you look in the old forums you can find a download etc.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=215

PS: if you had a previous log in there , make sure you log out or you can't see everything. "

I've now got the PC-6 installed and flying in my FSX:SE.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I've been in touch with one of the guys at Blackbird Sims regarding the PC-6 for FSX.

Here's his reply ....

" Lots of stuff may or may not be listed on the freebies page but if you look in the old forums you can find a download etc.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=215

PS: if you had a previous log in there , make sure you log out or you can't see everything. "

I've now got the PC-6 installed and flying in my FSX:SE.

Pete.
    Well, that got me lost for a few minutes. Still didn't find a download for the FSX PC-9. Initial link said I wasn't allowed to read the forum despite being registered and logged in.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Well, that got me lost for a few minutes. Still didn't find a download for the FSX PC-9. Initial link said I wasn't allowed to read the forum despite being registered and logged in.
    Try not logging in.

I have recovered the PC6 for FSX (V1.10 0190816) , it was installed well but when choosing the PC-6: irrecurable error and FSX closes!
    Do you have an idea?
    Thanks

Alain
    -

Still looking for the PA-30 Twin Comanche for FSX. All links lead to empty folders ........ Anyone have any luck with this one for FSX ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Still looking for the PA-30 Twin Comanche for FSX. All links lead to empty folders ........ Anyone have any luck with this one for FSX ?

The PA-30 Twin Comanche for FSX is on the Blackbird Freebie page.

Pete.

Anyone know if there is a paint kit for the MilViz Kingair 350? and /or where to get it? I looked all over the freebee site, no joy.

For anyone who wants the Corsair, I think it would be possible to get it working reasonably well in FSX.
    FG1D.dll needs to disabled and replaced with a gauge that controls the custom animations, L:FG1D078 is the airspeed gauge for example.

Pete.
    Hi Pete,

No luck, no FSX version in installer .......... please see my post #59 (previous page) in this thread.

Still looking for an FSX version .............

Thanks.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Pete.
    Contains a virus!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    Contains a virus!

It's been well documented on the old Milviz and Blackbird site ......

" Warning: All Anti-Virus programs or software must be disabled before downloading and installing these products. Failure to do so may result in a faulty or non-functioning installation. False positives are very common and are not to be mistaken for actual viruses. We guarantee that there are no viruses present in our products. "

Hello Essex,

-Offectively, by removing the DDL, I visualize the Corsair, and she flies!
    -And modeling and decoration are superb!
    I changed the sound, which remained strong and without variation!
    On the other hand in the cockpit, no instrument works!
    Is there a solution, at least for flight instruments and engines?

Alain

Reached Out To Someone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Anyone know if there is a paint kit for the MilViz Kingair 350? and /or where to get it? I looked all over the freebee site, no joy.
    We'll see what happens, I'll post here when I know something. Sadly the link is dead with no joy looking any further. Maybe someone who has it will see your post and share it. It WAS at Milviz years ago according to a forum but that Milviz link they posted no longer works 404 error it was too old but I found a new link from 2020 in a repaint for the Kingair with a working link with a redirect to Blackbird.

A new edit: Go to this Blackbird link and download the paint kit for the KA350 and any other paint kit from their support section:

https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/support.php

Downloading It Now

Before things like this disappear, I am downloading it and the paintkit for it. I have a lot of instructions for the Kingair 350 on real life pilot training from the past for my Carenado in FSX but on the old laptop computer in FSX I removed it for another time and a better computer I now have. When I have installed the MV I am going to compare for myself and decide which I like better. I really liked the MV too back then but couldn't justify paying for both when i was only going to use the one I liked best. NOW I can have both to compare AND in P3DV4.5 too.

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Is there a solution, at least for flight instruments and engines?
    Yes, if you can write XML Gauges.
    Realistically using a different VC or a 2D panel are the other options.

FS Panel Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    Yes, if you can write XML Gauges.
    Realistically using a different VC or a 2D panel are the other options.
    Besides writing xml code gauges which I do, it is possible to substitute gauges from other aircraft in place of them which I do all the time if you want to do as well. You can do that in Notepad++ a free program to download which will keep them as xml. You have to be sure to save as xml if you use Notepad which only defaults to text. I am downloading it from Milviz freebies now and will check out the panel. If I can get all the gauges to work in FSPS I will check it out in both sims and I am able to sub gauges in FSPS that are like and compatible with what DOES'NT work and pack it up. I don't think that violates anything not sharing the rest of the aircraft. You have to have it from MV/B or you can't use it. Comments from the flightsim armchair lawyers here LMK.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Besides writing xml code gauges which I do, it is possible to substitute gauges from other aircraft in place of them which I do all the time if you want to do as well. You can do that in Notepad++ a free program to download which will keep them as xml. You have to be sure to save as xml if you use Notepad which only defaults to text.
    In this particular case the gauges are 3D, driven by custom animations.

-Unfortunately, I am unable to write in XML! It's too complicated for me !!! Also it's a shame to do without such a beautiful and detailed cockpit! Alain -

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Before things like this disappear, I am downloading it and the paintkit for it. I --
    where did you find the paint kit download???

Blackbird Sim Flight Support

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    where did you find the paint kit download???
    I posted the link above a few threads.

Boeing 737 200

I just downloaded the Boeing 737-200 and am currently downloading Youtube videos to help tutor me with. I read the reviews online for it which go back when it was released by Milviz and I liked what I saw alot. I have an old feelthere Boeing 737-300/400/500 DVD package and i flew that a lot but back in FSX and the ol' Windows 7 laptop it was frame heavy. It does not work in P3D modern versions as the ERJ does not as well. Looking forward to flying this up north in Canada and Alaska. Still stuck home this week with the dreaded virus so I'll have time to do stuff now that I am feeling better.

Thanks for the PK links tgycgijoes. I didn't see one for the P-38 though. And I still get ctds with the PC6.
    Greenhouse357

I Was Going To Look Too

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Thanks for the PK links tgycgijoes. I didn't see one for the P-38 though. And I still get ctds with the PC6.
    When I was downloading from there this afternoon and came across the P-38 I thought of downloading the paintkit and in the future doing the Dragon artwork from the 80th FG in CBI theatre for it. I had it for my FSD P38. I searched the internet on the day that I posted it in my It's Beautiful thread and didn't find it I filed that away for a rainy day to do. Well it rained all day yesterday but the sun is out now so I guess it will have to wait now LOL!

I did an online search and saw in Mutley's Hanger that Jan Kees Blom one of our members here did lots of repaints AND some of his repaints are even included in the model. If you ask him nice perhaps he will share the paintkit which obviously he has in his paint box for all to share here since it's not in SUPPORT over at Blackbird and the aircraft is free I would think that the paint kit would be able to be shared.

Not An Expert Just Experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    For the PC-6 CTD here is something from AVSIM Online Forum:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...ilviz-support/

That seems too simple but try it and see.

Thanks tgycgijoes, I'm running FSX Acc. On the PC6, says something like "your activation has expired".
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 91