Ardmore NZAR released

Thread: Ardmore NZAR released

Ardmore NZAR released

Been waiting for this for a while, from over at the New Zealand Flightsim Forums comes a super-detailed Ardmore NZAR - my home base! Come visit the Auckland Aero Club virtually (and this scenery is made in a large part by a past Club member) :-)

https://flightsim.to/file/50835/nzar-ardmore-aerodrome
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Charter Member 2011
    Ardmore has been a long time in the making, and amid the current flush of everything NZ, wraps the whole package very nicely.
    It's the GA hub of Auckland, and - importantly - the home of the NZ Warbirds!

If you want the detailed runway/taxiway textures, make sure you download and install both of the two .zip files provided. This scenery is just like the Duxford scenery, with the amount of care and attention to making sure every little detail is present all around the airport. As a diehard warbird enthusiast, this scenery is absolutely brilliant, and long sought-after!

In addition to so much other aviation activity, Ardmore has a huge presence in the warbird industry and community, including NZ Warbirds and the restoration companies Avspecs and Pioneer Aero. Avspecs is known for their DH Mosquito restorations, having restored three to fly. They have also been responsible for the restoration of three Spitfires, five P-40s, two Dragon Rapides (one just recently test flying last week), and more. Avspecs are currently working on restoring two more Mosquitos to fly, a Hawk 75/P-36, and have a Japanese Tony project in waiting. Pioneer Aero is certainly the world's most prolific restorer of P-40s, having been involved in the restoration of over a dozen of the Curtiss fighters. They have also restored to fly a P-39, LA-9, and more. Currently they are working on at least two more P-40s, an SBD Dauntless, and have a couple Kingfisher projects in waiting.

TB252 is one of three Spitfires restored by Avspecs, completed and first test flown at Ardmore in 2020. Owned by Charles Somers, it was shipped to Sacramento, CA following test flying, where it is operated today.

Great shots Bomber. Now we just need a Mossie.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Now we just need a Mossie.
    Agreed! The two really go hand-in-hand now. So-far Avspecs have restored to fly the FB.26 KA114 for Jerry Yagen/Military Aviation Museum, the T Mk.III TV959 for the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, and the FB.VI PZ474 for Rod Lewis (now owned by Charles Somers). The former Glyn Powell Mosquito, T Mk.43 NZ2308, was recently acquired by Rod Lewis and is now at Avspecs being completed to fly, with the expectation that its first post-restoration test flight will occur in 2024. Also, Peter Monk/Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar in the UK recently announced that they have acquired a Mosquito FB.VI which will be restored by Avspecs, with expected completion/first flight as early as 2026. No confirmation yet on identity, but it is believed to likely be TE881/NZ2345 - a significant portion of which was saved by the late John Smith. Additionally, Avspecs also has available, for purchase for restoration to fly (2.5 year build/restoration contract), a bomber variant Mosquito, B.IV DZ542, of which the main structure of the fuselage and tail has already been built.

Charter Member 2011
    Great shots and post, John.
    10 years ago I was fortunate to see the first one fly at Ardmore.
    If I'd fully realised its significance I'd have taken more than just a phone camera along for the occasion!

I was there too... I will never forget the Mosquito sweeping low over the airfield. Tl

I have waited 20 years for a decent Ardmore ...so I can't wait to do some.circuits etc... just need some decent GA AI...*****? (Apparently your name is a banned word?!) Can you do your magic again?

Charter Member 2011
    Still too busy drooling over the sim and all the new goodies...
    I'm hoping someone gets annoyed enough to fix the AI though, before I have to!

Members who have read this thread: 0