FSUIPC Question

Thread: FSUIPC Question

FSUIPC Question

when using FSUIPC to setup throttles for individual airplanes, will that setup be automatically used when i start that plane? if im using the DC-3 and i want to change to my DHC-6,do i then need to tell the sim or FSUIPC to change? ive tried this in other sims, well in prepar3d anyway.

and can the controls, all the others,lights,"starter switches",can they be setup in the sim itself,and the throttles,props,mixture be setup in FSUIPC? or everything in FSUIPC.

i hope im making sense. i usually dont.

Hi Daveroo
    I'll try my best to explain how I have it setup, if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

First browse to where you have FSUIPC installed and open the FSUIPC7.ini in notepad.
    Look for the line UseProfiles= and make sure it reads UseProfiles=Files, if it doesn't change it then save and close it.

Next start MSFS and go to the control options page.
    Make new control profiles for each of your controllers called Blank or something similar.
    Remove all control association's in the new profiles so they don't do anything, all controls can now be assigned in FSUIPC without them conflicting.

Now start a new flight and press Alt F to open FSUIPC.
    There are tabs for Axis Assignment, Joystick Calibration and Buttons & Switches.
    To make profiles that only work with a specific plane you need to make sure to check the box where it says ProfileSpecific in each of these tabs.

Setup your controls how you want them in each of the three tabs and close FSUIPC.

Now every time you fly that specific plane it will automatically use that profile.

(Make absolutely sure that the ProfileSpecific box is ticked in each tab or the assignment's will go to a common profile that isn't associated to your desired plane.)

There is one more thing to do though, as it stand it will only work with the same livery you loaded when you made the profile so to fix that open the FSUIPC7.ini in notepad again and scroll down until you find the name of the profile you just made.

For instance my profile for the default C172 is called Asobo C172-G1000
    and the section in FSUIPC7.ini is [Profile.Asobo C172-G1000]
    FSUIPC uses the title= line in the aircraft.cfg to recognise the planes.

Under each [Profile. section it will list the plane used to make it such as
    1=Cessna Skyhawk 172Sp G1000 01 Livery
    assuming you used that livery
    Edit it so it reads 1=Cessna Skyhawk 172Sp G1000

Asobo have been a bit dumb with the default planes and some of them use more than one name in the aircraft.cfg so you may have to put each variation in there.

The full [Profile. section in my FSUIPC7.ini for the default C172 reads

[Profile.Asobo C172-G1000]
    1=Cessna Skyhawk G1000
    2=Cessna Skyhawk 172Sp G1000

So now when I load any of the default C172's regardless of livery it uses the same profile.

I hope that makes sense.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Dave it does,thank you, ill print this out and give it a go.. again thank you sir..

Members who have read this thread: 0