Flettner Fl 282 rotor display fix

Thread: Flettner Fl 282 rotor display fix

Flettner Fl 282 rotor display fix

I downloaded a Flettner Fl 282 for FS2004 but have a problem. When flying, the rotors look like two disks rather then the normal display of a helicopter rotors in flight. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Thanks,

Rob

Ah. Answers my question about it working in FSX. I'll be interested in hearing any fix.
    Andy

It's really weird the rotors display correctly in FSX but not in FS2004 which it was modeled for.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    It's really weird the rotors display correctly in FSX but not in FS2004 which it was modeled for.
    I never had any problems back in the day, but I've worked out why there is a problem now. The rotor texture is in .dds format which obviously won't work in FS2004, probably just a case of running it through DXTBMP & converting it to .bmp. I'll have a try later & let you know.
    Andy

The Flettner Fl282 had two contra-rotating rotors, that's why there's no tail rotor.

Converting to an extended BMP works a treat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kolibri.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	89799
    Andy

Rob,
    In fact you can use any two-bladed prop tex that works in Fs2004. Either convert as Andy suggests or try out some other Fs2004 prop texs.

Cheers

Shessi

Thank you, tried to convert the the dds file to bmp but there is no change for me. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with DXTBMP. I'll try to find another rotor texture file.

Rob

I found another texture file which seems to work. Andy would you mind sharing your converted texture file. The rotors look better in your pic than the rotor texture file I found.

Thanks again!

Uploaded to the Library, not sure how long that takes.
    Andy

Dodosim Fl 282 rotors

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Other

Description: BMP to replace the .dds texture for the Mark Adams/Dodosim Flettner Fl 282 beta. This little gem can be found over at Flightsim.com.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Dodosim Fl 282 rotors
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Dodosim Fl 282 rotors - No File to Download

I've tried several times to download the new rotor texture uploaded to the library. But link must be broken.

KB

I've reuploaded it, hopefully the mods will approve it quickly. Should work this time, been a while since I've uploaded anything on here, obviously out of practice.
    Andy

Flettner Fl 282 replacement rotor texture

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Other

Description: .bmp to replace the .dds texture for the Mark Adams/Dodosim Flettner Fl 282 beta. This little gem can be found over at Flightsim.com.

This is a re-upload, because I am an idiot!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Flettner Fl 282 replacement rotor texture
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you - both for fixing and for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I've reuploaded it, hopefully the mods will approve it quickly. Should work this time, been a while since I've uploaded anything on here, obviously out of practice.

You are welcome.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1