MOS file

Thread: MOS file

MOS file

Guys, would anyone know if it's possible and how could I create a .MOS file for the AH P-47 bubble? You'd need it for bullet holes and other damage to appear when you get hit, right? I noticed when I was flying that these damages do not appear on this plane. Do you know what I could do?

Unless I'm much mistaken, that model uses more than one basic texture file for the external model, so a MOS file won't work.

Textures for the external model might be:–

• AH_P47_bubble_t.dds (basic texture)

and the other textures may be:–
    • AH_P47_bubble_r.dds (reflective texture)
    • AH_P47_bubble_s.dds (specular texture)

plus:–

• AH_P47_bubble_t.mos (MOS file)

There can only be one MOS file for each model, so only one basic external texture will show damage when shot. Some modellers get over the limitations of this by putting some details like wheelwells on a separate texture, but these items can't show damage.

AH have used separate texture files for fuselage, left wing, right wing, tail etc on at least one P47 model, so a MOS just isn't going to work with those.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks for the explanation, Tom! But then I have a question: couldn't I then make a .MOS file for an area of the plane? only for the fuselage, for example? I think it would be more interesting than not having bullet holes anywhere...

Yes you can do that!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 0