Focke-Achgelis FA-223

Thread: Focke-Achgelis FA-223

German WWII Helicopters

Does anyone know if there is a FSX version of the Focke-Achgelis FA-223 or the Flettner Fl 282?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks, I checked but for whatever reason I couldn't find it. Thanks for the link.

Do you think there may be a Flettner Fl 282 available also?

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post

Derail

Can you download?

I always get 403 forbidden

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Derail

Can you download?

I always get 403 forbidden

thanks
    The 403 code covers a multitude of sins, from a particular site being banned in your region/country to simple overloading of the server. Doubt it is the first and as I've just downloaded it I know it isn't the second. Maybe this Wiki page can help?

SgtT, I know of two Fl 282 models, one for FS2002/CFS2 which is unlikely to work in FSX and one for FS2004. The latter was made by Mark Adams, I think the plan was to release it under the Dodosim umbrella which never happened, so it was released as a beta model; I've used it in FS2004, loved it to bits, but no idea whether it works in FSX. I suspect it may do, as Erwin Welker references the Kolibri in one of his releases over at Simviation, I guess he'd be the man to ask.

Available at Flightsim.
    Andy

This is the file name:

fa223-1.zip

and file info:

About This File

FSX Focke Achgelis Fa223e transport, SAR, antisubmarine, trainer helicopter (1940). Original Gmax model by Vladimir Zhuhylskiy. Updated for FSX by John Hauke.

TSquare

Thank you very much, both work in FSX. The Flettner Fl 282 is missing the gauges which was reported by falcon409 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...lettner-Fl-282.

I loaded them both up in FS9 and they work OK. In FS9 I'm missing the sound for the Focke-Achgelis FA-223 and the rotors don't display properly for the Flettner Fl 282. I will look at them when I get a chance.

Again a big thank you to you both.

Rob
    Last edited by SgtT; February 14th, 2023 at 02:39.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Thank you very much, both work in FSX. The Flettner Fl 282 is missing the gauges which was reported by falcon409 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...lettner-Fl-282.

I loaded them both up in FS9 and they work OK. In FS9 I'm missing the sound for the Focke-Achgelis FA-223 and the rotors don't display properly for the Flettner Fl 282. I will look at them when I get a chance.

Again a big thank you to you both.

Rob
    Just call me Sherlock! The Fa 223 'looks' for the Bell 206 sound, in FS9 that helicopter is "bell206b", in FSX it is "Bell206B".
    Andy

I love older aircraft and will be looking for some vintage helicopters to fly.

Hovercontrol used to be the go-to site for all things spinny, sadly it is long gone. However ...... (pausing to build the suspense) the vintage/weird & wonderful is in the Library here, just search for Lasse Lindh.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0