Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24

Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24

Last edited by Tom Clayton; February 25th, 2023 at 20:19.

Wow, great info!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Must buy for me.

Great news, a classic that will be great to have in the Sim.

Must have... no question
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

oh, yes please!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I can see some sweet repaints in our future! I must say that I love the idea that you will be able change from imperial and metric instruments and German and English labels!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk263 View Post
    I can see some sweet repaints in our future! I must say that I love the idea that you will be able change from imperial and metric instruments and German and English labels!
    don't count on it... on their post i can see it's using mirrored textures.... the tailplane, wings, fuselage... all are symmetrical which indicates mirrored textures rather than individual areas L/R etc... so we won't be able to do things like asymmetrical 'splinter' type patterns...i do hope this isn't the case but it's not looking good!

I'm in. Please don't forget oleo compression!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    don't count on it... on their post i can see it's using mirrored textures.... the tailplane, wings, fuselage... all are symmetrical which indicates mirrored textures rather than individual areas L/R etc... so we won't be able to do things like asymmetrical 'splinter' type patterns...i do hope this isn't the case but it's not looking good!

I don't know where you see this?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I have highlighted a few immediately obvious things here that jump out to my eyes after years of development texturing (hope it displays fine); https://www.mediafire.com/view/7kxj2...e/eck.png/file.......I kinda wish I didn't see them but this rings alarm bells to me!

Hey Matt, I think what you are highlighting in your screenshot are infact panel lines which should indeed be symmetrical.
    On top of the engine cowling that's the edges of an air vent.
    Mathias

even if so they're perfectly symmetrical, around all the panel lines in terms of wear, and there's still the issue of the camouflage pattern being symmetrical... as i say, i hope i'm wrong, but i shan't hold my breath either

Hard to believe at this point that anyone would use mirrored major textures, at least on payware. In a couple of the screenshots the registration letters are different on left vs right wings, but I guess those could be decals. Let's hope you're wrong or that those are shots of an alpha build.

August

Guys, its wip only, I think they want to show, what they have now. Hard to belive that it's the final version and mirorred textures like in 2002 .
    I dont want to open the next Forum account (I have plenty) but if someone has it, the best way to ask directly on https://forum.inibuilds.com/.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I did ask, we'll see

Did you see this shots, seem to suggest non-mirred texture or decals:

Marcel

i'd lean towards them markings being decals, as we can see in the trailer they just released that the camouflage patterns for both what i can assume is 1426 (Enemy Aircraft) Flight of the RAF (the so called 'RAF-Waffe') and German Luftwaffe scheme that the paint is mirrored, again... i'm hoping i'm wrong, and that now we've pointed it out that if it is mirrored they correct that and un-mirror it..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIFhvYAgp0w

Noob question here, whats the hand crank for in the middle of instrument panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk263 View Post
    Noob question here, whats the hand crank for in the middle of instrument panel?
    that's the Prop pitch lever if i remember rightly

It has operable sun blinds. Ever since Plane Design's Lancastrian, I have liked operable sun blinds.

Thanks for the video link, looks fabelhaft !

Pity about the totally irrelevant music (authentic engine sounds..huh?..), it's an aeroplane from the 1930's for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks for the video link, looks fabelhaft !

Pity about the totally irrelevant music (authentic engine sounds..huh?..), it's an aeroplane from the 1930's for Pete's sake.
    Well, as some may guess I'm biased but here's my take:
    Nicely modelled aircraft but I wouldn't expect too much historical accuracy with this release. There's quite some bits missing in the cockpit for an authentic Bf108 operation and some other, let's say, not so well researched properties inside and out.
    This is IMO targeted at the consumer and I'm sure they'll have good success with it.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Well, as some may guess I'm biased but here's my take:
    Nicely modelled aircraft but I wouldn't expect too much historical accuracy with this release. There's quite some bits missing in the cockpit for an authentic Bf108 operation and some other, let's say, not so well researched properties inside and out.
    This is IMO targeted at the consumer and I'm sure they'll have good success with it.
    And exactly that is the reason we need your wonderful BF-108 and all of your Focke Wulf ported over to msfs. Otherwise I will use X-Plane and P3D furthermore. (Kleiner Wink mit grossem Zaunpfahl.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    And exactly that is the reason we need your wonderful BF-108 and all of your Focke Wulf ported over to msfs. Otherwise I will use X-Plane and P3D furthermore. (Kleiner Wink mit grossem Zaunpfahl.)
    +1. But I guess there's still a long way to go, first this one: https://youtu.be/eMHzHCDDPlI?t=34.

Members who have read this thread: 3