Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24

Okay, let's play around with the settings a bit, I've done a lot of testing. So yes, for better behavior during take off run please use these parameters. Let me know if you like it.
    Go to Community\inibuilds-aircraft-bf108\SimObjects\Airplanes\inibuilds-aircraft-bf108 , open flight_model.cfg and add those 2 lines to end of section named like this:

[FLIGHT_TUNING]

ground_crosswind_effect_zero_speed = 45.57
    ground_crosswind_effect_max_speed = 91.13

pls back with info.

For take off:

Trim: +1
    Flaps: 10
    Lock tailweel: LShift+G (my MSFS)
    position yourself against the wind as much as possible
    Last edited by YoYo; February 27th, 2023 at 13:00.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

first attempt at painting the Taifun:
    Screenshot (998) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1009) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1061) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1064) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

still quite a few details to sort, but it's beginning to look like something
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Okay, let's play around with the settings a bit, I've done a lot of testing. So yes, for better behavior during take off run please use these parameters. Let me know if you like it.
    Go to Community\inibuilds-aircraft-bf108\SimObjects\Airplanes\inibuilds-aircraft-bf108 , open flight_model.cfg and add those 2 lines to end of section named like this:

[FLIGHT_TUNING]

ground_crosswind_effect_zero_speed = 45.57
    ground_crosswind_effect_max_speed = 91.13

pls back with info.

For take off:

Trim: +1
    Flaps: 10
    Lock tailwheel: LShift+G (my MSFS)
    position yourself against the wind as much as possible
    YoYo, You're a genius. I did exactly as you posted above, not one problem taking off. Do many thanks YoYo. For all other who have bought this airplane, follow YoYo's advise and you'll be able to fly it.

Cazzie
    Last edited by Cazzie; February 28th, 2023 at 10:43. Reason: boo-boo

I have had no problems flying it without turning off all crosswind effect until 30 mph IAS, so I think I'll pass on this tweak, but it's great if it helps you.

August

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

If you want to see some good footage of real BF-108s (or Nords) pretending to be Bf-109s, check out the old Sinatra movie "Von Ryan's Express."

Might make an interesting subject for a repaint, though not sure if you can paint on the cockpit transparency like they did.

https://impdb.org/index.php?title=Von_Ryan%27s_Express

still tweaking the Dutch bird, I wasn't happy with the reflectiveness of the camo paint, so I revisited the comp files

MT (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

MT (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

MT (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

what do you think, better?

Yes, for sure (for WW2 skin)! However (this is strange a little) I like those actual glossy repaints.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Yes, for sure (for WW2 skin)! However (this is strange a little) I like those actual glossy repaints.
    The actual paint was a semi-gloss when new, it flattened in the field from weathering and sun. What I do with my models to achieve the effect is to apply a final clear dullcoat, then rub it out to a light sheen with a fine cotton cloth.

Cazzie
    Attachment 89997

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    The actual paint was a semi-gloss when new, it flattened in the field from weathering and sun. What I do with my models to achieve the effect is to apply a final clear dullcoat, then rub it out to a light sheen with a fine cotton cloth.

Cazzie
    Attachment 89997
    Holy crap. I just realized you're Caz Dalton from Modeling Madness! Read your stuff for years back around the turn of the century when I briefly got back into modeling. (What I actually got into was collecting models. The actual models are still in my garage, waiting for me to invent a time machine so I can send them back to my eight-year-old self who had time to build them -- and a lot more painting talent than I have now!)

(Unless you're another Caz who builds beautiful models. In which case, never mind. )

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Holy crap. I just realized you're Caz Dalton from Modeling Madness! Read your stuff for years back around the turn of the century when I briefly got back into modeling. (What I actually got into was collecting models. The actual models are still in my garage, waiting for me to invent a time machine so I can send them back to my eight-year-old self who had time to build them -- and a lot more painting talent than I have now!)

(Unless you're another Caz who builds beautiful models. In which case, never mind. )
    Busted! Yeah it's me. I kind of had a falling out with IPMS/USA in 2008 and don't build for competition anymore or post my articles online. Anything as subjective as judging models or paintings is just not fair to other people who cannot or have not worked up to my level. Everyone who constructs a model to a certain level needs merit! I even took all of my local, regional, and national awards down and boxed them. Worthless. And the WW I aircraft got a coat of gloss clear lacquer over their paint schemes, which faded very rapidly and became matte. This is a heavily modified winterized Eduard Morane Saulnier Type N in Russian Imperial Air Service markings. The figure is a resin cast Russian WW I pilot, no longer in production. Scale is 1/48, Spitfire is 1/72.

Cazzie

now you're making me curious...I've made tons of kits in the past (still have one hanging from the ceiling, and a Heller Mirage III that I made when I was about 8, so that survived 50+ years..), but never knew there were competitions. Not that I would have taken part, I already knew that there were lots of people better than me...
    But can we see your work anywhere?

edit: ah, found some already, very nice!

Sometimes I do it myself too :-)

Blog Entries
    There are some very tallented people on this forum

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    now you're making me curious...I've made tons of kits in the past (still have one hanging from the ceiling, and a Heller Mirage III that I made when I was about 8, so that survived 50+ years..), but never knew there were competitions. Not that I would have taken part, I already knew that there were lots of people better than me...
    But can we see your work anywhere?

edit: ah, found some already, very nice!
    IPMS(International Plastic Modelers Society)/USA is what I belonged to before I left in 2008. There are IPMS Chapters all over the world where competition is held. Try this site, the images were taken with a much older digital camera, so excuse the resolution.

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.c...Dalton/01.shtm

Really fine MiGs there YoYo!

Cazzie

It's a small world! I never got involved in IMPS because we moved around so much. (And my models would always get destroyed when we'd move, sigh.) I got really good at hand-painting models over the years as it was my primary hobby from age 7 until about 16. (At 16, it shifted to girls/my car/my VIC 20.) Got an airbrush towards the end and while the results were obviously better, in retrospect I enjoyed hand-painting camouflage more as a process. Never wanted to compete, just built the models because I enjoyed building and learning about the real planes while doing it.

The upside of my models being broken and only being able to salvage some of them when we moved frequently was that my skills would improve to the point where the two-year-old models felt sloppy to me.

Bringing it back to the MiG-15, I first discovered the plane when my dad got me the 1/48 Monogram MiG-15 and F-86 kits for my birthday one year, because they'd been his favorite planes as a kid.

Btw. I started to do some of repaint. Paitki is very ok, but model uses also external textures for all markings, symbols and even stripes ect. You have to remove it all first. I don't like such ideas. :/

Sometimes I do it myself too :-)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Back to the Inibuilds Taifun - is there any way to get rid of the co-pilot figure in external view ? Reducing the weight to zero doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Back to the Inibuilds Taifun - is there any way to get rid of the co-pilot figure in external view ? Reducing the weight to zero doesn't work.
    It was a request too. Not solved yet.

It was a request too. Not solved yet.
    Thanks, YoYo. It seems such a simple, obvious thing, and I don't know why it isn't implemented properly on all aircraft in MSFS.

Great aircraft, nonetheless.

SOH-CM-2024
    Got the update this morning, but far too busy to fly it. I'm going to see if it had any effect on take off without your tweaks YoYo and see how the take off dynamics are. That was the only problem I has, it would tip the port wing the minute the wheels left the ground and plow front end down. Once I get it in the air, all is fine. Landing was no problem either, but ground handling was atrocious. I can deal with the ground handling, but not the take off. If that is not worked out, then they still work to do. I shall find out in a few minutes.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    IPMS(International Plastic Modelers Society)/USA is what I belonged to before I left in 2008. There are IPMS Chapters all over the world where competition is held. Try this site, the images were taken with a much older digital camera, so excuse the resolution.

https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.c...Dalton/01.shtm

Really fine MiGs there YoYo!

Cazzie
    I remember some of those planes from the contest days. You bailed in 2008. I bailed in 2000. I never competed again.

Don

I'm sure a lot of us were modelers as kids and young adults and maybe more recently than that. I got 3 kits together last year, two of which were pretty good.

This article from today's Times doesn't mention plastic modeling, but it is on point: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/04/b...ies-again.html

August

Members who have read this thread: 2