Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24

Sticky topic? As it was: its released.

Last edited by YoYo; February 25th, 2023 at 01:55.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Once I get her in the air, she's fine. But there is a serious problem with taxing and take off. The model wants to tip the port wing and yaw to port and no amount of rudder or opposite aileron will correct it. No problem landing her, but the ground control problems take over after landing.

Cazzie

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Once I get her in the air, she's fine. But there is a serious problem with taxing and take off. The model wants to tip the port wing and yaw to port and no amount of rudder or opposite aileron will correct it. No problem landing her, but the ground control problems take over after landing.

Cazzie
    Not only this, FM require correction, MSFS doesn't make it easy, it's another taildagger that has a problem with it. From what I can see, they have positives respond to reported bugs and there will definitely be a patch sooner or later. I certainly don't regret it, because it's Taifun after all and in MSFS it looks very well.

Remember about tailwheel lock during take off.

I remember about characters in the Mathias model, so I dressed an elegant tie and bought German beer for Today

Made the mistake of buying this. Found it quite unflyable. Mind, I've been flight simming since '98, I have thousands of hours since MS 95.
    I've tried different models, modern or legacy, I've adjust sensitivities on my X-52. WTH am I doing wrong ?
    Sue

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Remember about tailwheel lock during take off.

My brother ask me the same question. The answer is no I didn't, but I saw nowhere in the .pdf manual to do that? How does one do so?

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Made the mistake of buying this. Found it quite unflyable. Mind, I've been flight simming since '98, I have thousands of hours since MS 95.
    I've tried different models, modern or legacy, I've adjust sensitivities on my X-52. WTH am I doing wrong ?
    Sue
    You have to write a little more about your feelings, why do think that you do something wrong and why model is unflyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    My brother ask me the same question. The answer is no I didn't, but I saw nowhere in the .pdf manual to do that? How does one do so?

Cazzie
    Use key for this, I have it on my joystick and Im using it for all taildraggers. For me it was LShift+G. Use the rudder from the beginning (right pedal), it helps a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by YoYo; February 25th, 2023 at 13:36.

SOH-CM-2024
    Use key for this, I have it on my joystick and Im using it for all taildraggers. For me it was LShift+G. Use the rudder from the beginning (right pedal), it helps a little.

- - - Updated - - -
    Many thanks YoYo, I had never given thought of assigning a key in the sim, even though I knew one could. Getting old isn't much fun!

Cazzie

It won't trim out. It's so bleeping touchy, it almost impossible to keep straight and level. I brought my X-52 sensitivities up to zero, and that actually helped, but it just won't trim out. I just keep having to fight it.

I expect a prop plane to be able to fly straight and level with a minimum of input after I trim it. Helicopters are a different story of course, you have to stay on them, kinda like herding cats...

Sue, I have the same sort of experience with this Bf 108, and the same can be said of the IniBuilds P-40F as well. They're very sensitive in handling, and seem extra sensitive to wind and turbulence than other flight models.

Sticky topic? As it was: its released.
    Done - I must have missed the release part. In the future, it's better to have a fresh topic for the release with a link to purchase.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    It won't trim out. It's so bleeping touchy, it almost impossible to keep straight and level. I brought my X-52 sensitivities up to zero, and that actually helped, but it just won't trim out. I just keep having to fight it.

I expect a prop plane to be able to fly straight and level with a minimum of input after I trim it. Helicopters are a different story of course, you have to stay on them, kinda like herding cats...
    For me, it trims, and not only in the front axis but also in the ailerons (which should not be the case in Taifun). Trim of ailerons helps to solve roll to left during flight (what its a bug for me and it was reported). Certainly the flight model here is too sensitive to any air movement and turbulence, it behaves a bit like a piece of paper in the wind. If you have wind greater than 5kts it may not be cool. This is already reported and maybe they will do something with this. In addition, MSFS alone does not help in this matter because some of the effects are exaggerated. Apparently, SU12 is supposed to make some improvements in this matter (second part of March)

Brilliant screen caps YoYo!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

She files great, no less stable than other taildraggers in MSFS.

Are you guys checking the weight and balance? By default, she's set up with 170-pound heifers in all 4 seats, and a full baggage compartment. That puts her CG close to the aft limit and negatively impacts stability. I'm sure the real 108 was no fun to fly with that payload either. Try leaving those rear seat pax at home with their luggage or at least put them on a diet, and you'll find the handling improves a lot.

August

Thank you for that reminder, August! With the weight adjusted and CG in the forward safe zone, it is a very noticeable improvement. I just had another flight, of about 30-minutes, and it was quite a nice experience.

Thanks August, I'll try that.

Thanks for reminding me to check weight & balance! I always forget, I look in the cockpit and there is just me, W&B should be fine, Then when you take off it flies like a dump truck, its whats the matter with this plane? Not realizing you have three invisable adults and a suitcase full of bowling balls in the back. What a difference!

If someone wants, paintkit is ready: https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/fi...ifun-paintkit/. Im sure I'll do something, perhaps the same, what I did for FSX: https://library.avsim.net/search.php...&CatID=fsxacrp .

Here's the Kermit Weeks 108 restoration thread for those who have'nt seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6h2...VideostoSee%21

Also of interest, the CAF SoCal Wing last week posted a short Instagram vid of their Bf 108 which they are preparing for the airshow circuit this year. The CAF machine is the blue one coded VE + LI that is provided as one of Inibuild's skins. So this is nice news, especially for those in southern California, as I don't think this machine or any other 108 has been active on the US airshow circuit for some time.

I think you might need to have an Instagram account to view it, but the link is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CpIi-YHJG-r/

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Also of interest, the CAF SoCal Wing last week posted a short Instagram vid of their Bf 108 which they are preparing for the airshow circuit this year. The CAF machine is the blue one coded VE + LI that is provided as one of Inibuild's skins. So this is nice news, especially for those in southern California, as I don't think this machine or any other 108 has been active on the US airshow circuit for some time.

I think you might need to have an Instagram account to view it, but the link is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CpIi-YHJG-r/

August
    .... and zero in the background, just wow!

Members who have read this thread: 3