Fokker F27 Friendship RNAF VIP flight

Thread: Fokker F27 Friendship RNAF VIP flight

Hybrid View

Fokker F27 Friendship RNAF VIP flight

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Cold War

Description: This is a repaint for the excellent Fokker F.27 Mk500 by Benoit Gaurant (incredible VC!). The repaint shows the Fokker F.27 from the Royal Netherlands Air Force with registration C-1/PE-CAA. This aircraft was the VIP flight for the Dutch government and the spare aircraft for the Dutch royal family. The real C-1/PE-CAA was a Fokker F27 Mk100, which was 1.5 meter (4ft 11in) shorter than the Mk500 version. The repaint shows the aircraft in the standard NATO scheme for non-combattant aircraft. As a result of the NATO physical protection programme the aircraft was repainted in a standard NATO scheme in 1971. The aircraft entered service in August 1960 and was sold to Luft Afrique in 1997, where it carried the South African registration ZS-OEH. In 2006 the aircraft was still registered as 9Q-CLN in Congo (Africa), flying for Air Tropiques.

This repaint is based on the white textures included in the original package.

To use these textures you have to have the Fokker F.27 Mk 500 by Benoit Gaurant installed in FSX.This model can be found at Flightsim.com and Avsim (and most likely at more places).

I wish to thank Benoit Gaurant for his incredible model, von Stroheim at the Sim-Outhouse forum for motivating me to do this repaint, and Martin Wright for his fantastic graphic tools without which this repaint wouldn't exist.

Enjoy,
    Huub Vink
    February 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Fokker F27 Friendship RNAF VIP flight
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks a lot for another excellent repaint!

Memories memories.......

Thanks Huub, brings back my Fokker Ypenburg days. And that great whine of the turboprops.....

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Memories memories.......

Thanks Huub, brings back my Fokker Ypenburg days. And that great whine of the turboprops.....

hertzie.
    Erik,

When I was based on Ypenburg, the Air Force F.27s from 334 squadron were already at Soesterberg. But is saw many Friendships as Fokker maintenance for the F.27 was done at Ypenburg. When a departing crew came to ask for the weather along their route, I had to call Fokker Ops first, to ask whether they had paid.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Looking good, this is a fine freeware aircraft, hopefully lots of repaints to come.

Members who have read this thread: 3