Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

Thread: Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

Hybrid View

Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

I could have sworn I saw this mentioned here when the author was still gauging interest on release, but couldn't find the topic in my topic list.

At any rate, the freeware IL-103 Russian GA plane is now available on Flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/48873/ilyushin-il-103

Flies well, the visual modeling is superb. Definitely interesting contrast to the more common western GA planes -- metric instruments, etc.

Russian's were not very high on my Christmas list this year.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Yeah, totally get that. But it's a piece of hardware, not a Putin simulator.

Folks around here like to fly WW2 German planes, and those guys killed my great uncle and bombed my grandmother. Planes ≠ politics.

100% acknowledging the Russian gov't is murdering innocents in Ukraine, sending their own soldiers to pointless deaths, and risking escalating WW3. But a 1994 GA plane isn't connected to that other than geographical origin.

The author of this model did a fine job, it is a keeper!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've consistently been gobsmacked by the outstanding quality of many of the freeware models released for MSFS. This new model is outstanding.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Hmmm, wonder if this thread will be nuked too. Yes it is a great model, the author did a wonderful job, both inside and out. Love the somewhat ratty look, will be great fun to putter around Eastern Europe in.

Members who have read this thread: 0