ATC Model= for the Huey Cobra??

Thread: ATC Model= for the Huey Cobra??

Question ATC Model= for the Huey Cobra??

I'm putting some finishing touches on the Alphasim AH-1W Huey Cobra and I'm trying to figure out what to call the blasted thing.

I have a hunch there's an ATC Model code hiding in the stock voice file but I haven't found it yet.

I'm hoping some one has stumbled across it.

This is for the ATC voice call when you check in to controlled air space. As an example, if you were putting around in an (AH-64D) Apache gunship, your voice comms would say "Wolfpack 8-3 is a Boeing Apache" if you used the following lines in your aircraft.cfg file:

[General]
    atc_type=Boeing
    atc_model=H64

Try it, it works.

Now, I just need to find a good Model code for the Cobra. Worst case, "Huey" would be fine but I've tried combos of "Huey", "UH1", "H1", "H1D" etc. and No Joy yet. The same goes for "Cobra", "AH1", "H1W", etc.

Any ideas?

Let's see if this works. Dogdish did all the work back in 2016.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...pes-and-Models

The correct answer is:

[General]
    atc_type=Bell
    atc_model=HUCO

Hey, Shessi?

I normally don't stumble into goldmines like that topic on FS.com.

Your call, but maybe we should do a cut and paste (giving full credit to dogdish and the FS9 SDK) of those posts and repost all of those "atc=" entries over here.
    I'm thinking its a good idea in case FS.com pulls one of those "Oh, we meant to do that.." moments and trashes those old posts as they shift servers and forums.

I'm going to copy all of that data and paste it into text files.

Members who have read this thread: 0