Bell 206

Thread: Bell 206

Bell 206

Just got the email.

FlyInside B-206 Helicopter for Microsoft Flight Simulator (flyinside-helis.com)

I want a 206 again... bad. But I am a little leery. I get a lot of lag when flying the B47 and I think it may have something to do with the flight model being run by an external program. Would love to hear what others who buy it have to say.

LouP

CowanSim have a B206 coming to MSFS as well, apparently in December according to Helisimmer, so you might wait and see how well that is received before jumping in.

on the other hand, FlyInside flight dynamics feature a full set of helicopter flight dynamics including retreating blade stall which doesn’t seem to be a part of the in-sim flight modelling (yet).

Thanks for the information, I think I'll wait then. I think the Flyinside external program allowing the dynamics may be the source of the lag I am having with the B47. I am not the only one experiencing this from what I could find on the interweb. Wish the Dodo would find its way back, I loved flying that thing. Funny because I think the dodo relied on an external flight dynamic program like the Flyinside does, but I never recall an issue with any lag with the Dodo. While helicopters are not easy to fly, people make the mistake of assuming that a simulated difficult to fly helicopter means that it is realistic.

LouP

And then there were TWO

CowanSum B206 released

https://cowansim.com/product/206b3-msfs/

You took the words right out of my mouth lol. I just bought the Cowan B206 and came here to let the peeps know.

LouP

From Cowansim
    Due to limitations of the sim right now, you will have to use a mouse or VR controller for the throttle
    Hmmm...will wait and see for these two!

I bought the Flyinside 206, and I really am enjoying it. Challenging to fly, but I am getting better with each flight. Very maneuverable and works perfectly with Flyinside's Heli Manager software.

Most highly recommended, AND their Bell 47 too!! MERRY CHRISTMAS, Y'ALL! NC

I get lag with the 47G, too. I'm waiting to see some comparisons between the FlyInside and Cowan 206.

No lag with the Cowan 206. I like the way it flies. I think the external flight model is causing the lag with FI and I'm not sure why because the Dodosim never had any lag issues with me (or A2A).

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0