Flight Replicas P-40N Warhawk/Kittyhawk

Thread: Flight Replicas P-40N Warhawk/Kittyhawk

Yay! Bring it on!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

This is great news. I loved the FR P-40s in FSX.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Saw the pictures..no "sporty" pilot ...WW2 one. Looks great. Now we have 2 P-40, wich one to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Saw the pictures..no "sporty" pilot ...WW2 one. Looks great. Now we have 2 P-40, wich one to choose?
    Actually three with Big Radials' P-40B...
    Cheers

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Saw the pictures..no "sporty" pilot ...WW2 one. Looks great. Now we have 3 P-40's, which one to choose?
    All of them of course!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    All of them of course!
    Heck Jans, I am waiting on a P-40E model, I love P-40s! They and the Wildcat get shunned a lot, but they both were all we had at the outbreak of WW II and they both performed admiralty against an enemy that outnumbered them. As long as pilots used their assets and didn't try to get into a turning dogfight, they held their own pretty darn good and served throughout the war.

Cazzie

Edit: Yep, have the BR P-40B too and they have a proper pilot also. Just waiting on iniBuilds now to come up with one for their P-40F, which I have also and is a dream to fly. Bring then all on, but PLEASE give us a WW II pilot and not the Asobo generic.
    Last edited by Cazzie; December 19th, 2022 at 01:28. Reason: add screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    All of them of course!
    I splurged yesterday and bought both of the current P-40s & the AH P-51. Will grab this new P-40 when it comes out.

Following all the thoughts on period correct pilots, I look at it a bit differently. To me I'm flying restored vintage aircraft in a modern world, so having the sporty pilot is perfectly okay. :-)

Forest

Not a fan of the Big Radials P-40B myself. I don't even really call it a P-40, it's more of a learning exercise by the developer that they decided to release and recoup a little money from.

There are so many visual issues that make it look only vaguely like a P-40. At least I have mostly fixed the excessive ground angle caused by the too-long main landing gear and too-short tailwheel. With mods to the contact point Z values, the main gear tires look underinflated and the tailwheel floats a few inches above the ground, but at least the angle is more correct and the nose isn't pointed crazily in the sky when you're sitting in it. Compared with my photo of the real deal, it's still probably at too high of an angle, but it's better. I would happily buy a MSFS-ized version of the A2A P-40 to replace it.

The Flight Replica P-40N ports well to MSFS and is still my favorite P-40 in the sim. I'll definitely be a customer for the native version.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2263-1024x.jpg   p40-osh.jpg  

It's disheartening to hear his description how Marketplace still delays developers in releasing products and updates. A loc file that should have been delivered weeks ago, general backlogs, etc. I've been flying the Wilga for two weeks and Xbox folks are still waiting on a release. (And the devs are losing out on all those Marketplace sales as people play over Christmas.) Same with this one -- I wish I could have bought the P-40N to fly over the holidays. Sounds like it could have been ready.

Members who have read this thread: 1