Cerasim Mil MI17V5 released

Thread: Cerasim Mil MI17V5 released

Blog Entries

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

i picked it up a few hours ago

Im going to VC merge it with your nemeth port, I did a dozen or so paints for it recently https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616804-off-the-hip/

and it just needs a better VC after reworking a fair bit of the exterior

Performance problems Cerasim Mil 17

I have stuttering with this helicopter on my system i9700K @4.8 GHz and RTX3090. Also flying was difficult with the default settings. Made a change to aircraft.cfg "low_realism_stability_scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0" Before I had some rolling problems.
    Have you guys better performance or know any settings I could change on this helicopter? All other Cera products are fps friendly on my system.

Dan
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Cera Sim Support

Cera Sim answered my support request and gave me a texture for the plexiglass making it less blinking. Also they said, if the helicopter is flown in areas with huge airports, the 4k textures may give some stuttering. They suggested to shrink the textures, what I did. They will provide a texture pack at lower resolution, probably 2048.
    The autopilot is a bit tricky as I experienced. If you're using the middle autopilot and select the one on the right for altitude, the generators disconnect and the engine shuts off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuuqKnG.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	449.0 KB 
ID:	89309

So this middle autopilot function has first to be disengaged on the control stick (there's the off button).

I have no idea, if this is reality or just a flaw of this model. I told to Cera Sim and hope, they check my comments for a fix. At least, with more fps this helicopter is easy to fly. It's a bit tricky to land, one needs to get accustomed to it. So every chopper behaves a bit different.

Hope you enjoy this plane as I do. Looking forward to some repaints.

Has someone pictures of Ukrainian Mi-17? I only found pictures of the ones, that have been delivered from Afghanistan by the US to Ukraine.

A paint, which is already in the product but with not Ukrainian flag. I just wondered, that they obviously didn't have Mi-17 before, did they?

Dan
    Last edited by blaunarwal; December 20th, 2022 at 05:12. Reason: Picture settings
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Members who have read this thread: 1